Okay here is a Quiz with a difference (more than one really) Here is what I have in mind as for details.
1. The Quiz and the Objective
- The question will be in the form of a quote from a cricket book.
- The quote should be of minimum 200 words and must be a CONTINUOUS passage from the book. No words can be omitted from the passage as it appears in the book.
- The objective is to guess the
b) Author and
c) Subject of a book
To start with it will be only about cricket books.
2. The Format
- The format will be similar to the "SJS-trivia' quiz except that there will only a dozen questions allowed.
- There will be a compulsory hint after the 6th, 8th, 10th and the 12th (and the final) question.
- The compulsory hints must also be in the form excerpts from the same book, again in continuous passage of 125 words (minimum) and must contain a hint towards the answer.
- After the final hint only a complete answer with all three components of the question has to be offered.
- Only one such complete answer can be offered by each person attempting the quiz.
- The result will be declared only 24 hours after the final hint. No suggestion will be made in those 24 hours as to the correctness (partially or fully) of any of the answers affered so as not to influence others still to offer an answer.
- Correct answers will be awarded points as under
- Title : 20 points*The subject matter can not be somthing vague like "a cricket tour" but it could be "the Ashes series of 2005". It cant be something like "a biography of a cricketer" but it could be something like " a biography of Boycott"
- Author : 20 points
- Subject matter* : 10 points.
- Each person asking the question will have one negative point scored against them.
- The negative marks for a particular part of the question will not be counted for the person who is the first to answer that part correctly.
- There will be a Master-Book-Buff declared after every 25 quizzes.
To start with only I will post a quiz since the format may be modified as we go along. We will change this once the format is settled.
Any comments, suggestions, queries before I post the first quiz ??