• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best cricket helmet

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hi there,

I'm in the market for a new helmet. I don't really know too much about which the best helmets are, and I'm looking for some guidance! I don't really want to spend over £50, but if the difference in quality between the 1st class helmet and the 2nd is so great, then I would get the 1st class one.

So, overall, which helmet would you say provides the best quality, taking into account cost.

Thanks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the difference would have to be in comfort/ fit rather than safety. I would imagine no helmet would pass muster if it didn't meet pretty rigorous safety standards.

I'd just try a few on and get the one that's most comfortable to you.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I thought the Masuri titanium grille was the lightest at just under 500 grams. Is that correct or is their another one lighter than that available ?

Isura

U19 Captain
I use a Masuri. It is really light and I don't notice it. A good helmet is worth spending $ on. You can afford to skimp on the gloves/pads.