• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart MacGill announces his retirement

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
*wipes tear from eye*

EDIT: Feels like lies at present. Way too good to be true.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Code:
[B]Nath - BT   says:[/B]
HAHAHAAHAHAHA
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
zomg
getting a Stones

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dammit. Was hoping to see him delivering freebies for 4 Tests in India :@

Now was your time Stuey, now was your time :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
MacGill or Casson?

Its like a choice between bathing in acid or listening to Wet Wet Wet.
For me it's like choosing between relations with Judy Garland or Liza Minnelli. The latter is disasterous, but at least her body still works.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
For me it's like choosing between relations with Judy Garland or Liza Minnelli. The latter is disasterous, but at least her body still works.
:laugh:

Even with all the decomposing, you'd still bet Garland has a higher proportion of her own body parts, though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Stuart MacGill said:
"Although I considered retirement at the time, I decided to prove to myself that I could rise again and trained privately harder than I have done in years. When I bowled Brad Hodge in the Pura Cup final I knew that despite the often suffocating public scrutiny I loved my job. I also knew that I was ready to play Test cricket again. Unfortunately now my time is up."

"I have worked way too hard for too long to sabotage my achievements by playing Test cricket for the wrong reasons."

"Some people may worry about the future of spin bowling in this country, but I am not one of them. My game improved exponentially with each step up I made, and I am sure that any of the young spinners playing state cricket will thrive given the same opportunities."
Haha, deadset the most selfish, most self-involved person in cricket. Acts like a hero and yet doesn't give a reason for retiring. Makes it sound like he's been forced to do it. "I knew I could play Test Cricket again. But now I'm stopping." What the crap? Just come out and say it. You're bogus.

social

Haha, deadset the most selfish, most self-involved person in cricket. Acts like a hero and yet doesn't give a reason for retiring. Makes it sound like he's been forced to do it. "I knew I could play Test Cricket again. But now I'm stopping." What the crap? Just come out and say it. You're bogus.
Umm "my time is up" ring any bells?

Anyone who has watched himplay the last 4 tests can see the effect injuries have taken and as such he's had it - no work on the ball with zero accuracy = useless

He's never been accurate but he could spin the ball like a top and get tremendous drop. Now he can do neither and should go

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Umm "my time is up" ring any bells?

Anyone who has watched himplay the last 4 tests can see the effect injuries have taken and as such he's had it - no work on the ball with zero accuracy = useless

He's never been accurate but he could spin the ball like a top and get tremendous drop. Now he can do neither and should go
Haha, you say it like I don't understand why. I understand why. It doesn't sound like he does. Again, he's making it sound like someone else made him.

Anyway, just going to bask in this moment. :)

bond21

Banned
doubt it, unless hes having big feasts with it, wine wont put on weight unless drunk in excess.

social

Haha, you say it like I don't understand why. I understand why. It doesn't sound like he does. Again, he's making it sound like someone else made him.

Anyway, just going to bask in this moment. :)
Seems like he understands it perfectly well

MacGill continued: "Unfortunately now my time is up....as I said many times last summer, there is no way I will ever walk on to a cricket field unless I can guarantee that I can dismiss top order batsmen consistently.

"The prospect of letting myself and the team down is simply not an option.

howardj

International Coach
I never liked this man, but well played Stuey. Finishes with very good overall statistics. You could tell, when he came back so disgracefully overweight last Summer (for a professional sportsman anyway) after finally getting a full-time gig in the Test team, that his heart just wasn't in it.

Fair play, MacGilla.