Thread: Did you think Australia played a fair game in World Cup final 2007 with Srilanka?

Cricket Spectator

Did you think Australia played a fair game in World Cup final 2007 with Srilanka?

Hi dear all,

What is your thoughts about ICC cricket world cup final 2007 between srilanka and Australia. Do you think australia had a fair win.?

Thank You.
    shankbuddy23@gmail.com

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    I'm sure we had a thread about this ages ago, Dicko will dig it up I'm sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Why wouldn't they have? Seemed fair to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Could've done without the farcical dancing in the dark that ended the final, but that was hardly Australia's fault.

Is this a "Gilchrist/squash ball/glove" thing?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Is this regarding Gilly and his squash ball in his glove?
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Could've done without the farcical dancing in the dark that ended the final, but that was hardly Australia's fault.

Is this a "Gilchrist/squash ball/glove" thing?
    Hope not - that's been settled and it violates neither the laws nor the spirit.

Ah BB beat me to it.

I can't believe how little interest one day cricket talk is for me at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by shankbuddy23 View Post
    Hi dear all,

What is your thoughts about ICC cricket world cup final 2007 between srilanka and Australia. Do you think australia had a fair win.?

Thank You.
    shankbuddy23@gmail.com
    Only Sri Lankans ever suggest otherwise, and Australia aren't the most liked team in the world among neutrals, so that should tell you something.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Banned
    Yea well until Murali goes and plays as a pitcher for the Yankees Sri Lanka have no room to talk about fair play....

Whats wrong with a squash ball in the glove? All it does is reduce his bottom hand's grip on the bat so he wont use as much bottom hand.

I mean talk about clutching at straws, but come on, cant they come up with something better than this? Why not call Lee a chucker? Throw in a bit of hypocrisy to the mix.

I would love to know if Sri Lanka ever called Lee a chucker with Muralidaran in their team....lol

Quote Originally Posted by bond21 View Post
    Yea well until Murali goes and plays as a pitcher for the Yankees Sri Lanka have no room to talk about fair play....

Whats wrong with a squash ball in the glove? All it does is reduce his bottom hand's grip on the bat so he wont use as much bottom hand.

I mean talk about clutching at straws, but come on, cant they come up with something better than this? Why not call Lee a chucker? Throw in a bit of hypocrisy to the mix.

I would love to know if Sri Lanka ever called Lee a chucker with Muralidaran in their team....lol
    And closed.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Thread Information