• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player A vs Player B

Banana

• Total voters

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The way I found this site in the first place was through searching for "Vasbert Drakes" on google, I owe it to him to cast my vote his way.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh - Camps for the close, BTW, given that ss has already signalled that he is going to miss the opportunity.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
but his strike rate was 89 when it was cloudy
But he averaged in the upper sixties in matches where the number of spectators was between 33 and 78. That I believe is an all time world record :dry:

Swervy

International Captain
But he averaged in the upper sixties in matches where the number of spectators was between 33 and 78. That I believe is an all time world record :dry:

SJS, I think you have been reading out of date stats, the record is now held by Player X with an average of 71

Days of Grace

International Captain
Player A and Player B have very similar records. But because Player A is Australian, and Player B a New Zealander, that automatically means that Player A must be rated better.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Player A and Player B have very similar records. But because Player A is Australian, and Player B a New Zealander, that automatically means that Player A must be rated better.
But as they both now play for England....because when was the last time they had an English born batsman who averaged over 50 ;) .... the question is still difficult :)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The way I found this site in the first place was through searching for "Vasbert Drakes" on google, I owe it to him to cast my vote his way.
:laugh:

But seriously, Player A vs Player B, really what's the point of it?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Neither have managed double centuries following on a day when the sun set at precisely 5:52 pm.

Even thoguh player A has scored more runs utilising the reverse sweep against chginamen bowlers on cloudy days, Player B's extra cover drive is so effective against left arm medium pace from around the wicket on grounds with black sight screens that its should be called the extra cover drive +

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS, I think you have been reading out of date stats, the record is now held by Player X with an average of 71
The number of spectators in that game was bolstered by free tickets distributed by the sponsors. We do not recognise such spurious records :sleep:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
The number of spectators in that game was bolstered by free tickets distributed by the sponsors. We do not recognise such spurious records :sleep:
Is that why Player G's List A average does not include all those runs he plundered in that tour of that non-test team

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Where are the guys on whom all this sarcasm is addressed (and wasted I think) ?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Where are the guys on whom all this sarcasm is addressed (and wasted I think) ?
What sarcasm is that???? .....oh you must be referring to Vasbert Drakes being in the Poll.....that is of course the irrelevant 3rd option and should not be taken so seriously SJS ;)

sideshowtim

Banned
On face value, you'd pick Player B, but when we look at his first chance average, we see that Player B has been greatly helped by poor umpiring and poor fielding. Player A is therefore the more consistent, better player.