• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Player A vs Player B

Banana

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Y'know, this thread-starter really had some balls, and if I had sixpence for every time he'd spammed the forums down the years I'd be rich indeed by now. In fact I'd have crossed the boundary into being a millionaire, and I'd be fielding questions from the press-pack once a day.

Can only hope once he's Sean of his credibility here he's still in good Steds elsewhere.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, he's realised his thread was a shocker. Good for 'im I say, instead of trying to battle on with this pretence.

Swervy

International Captain
Player 'Y' got dropped after punching his captain, Player *, in the chops, for continually questioning him. It was all a misunderstanding

Swervy

International Captain
Player * doesn't have the temperament to be a captain. It'll all go pear shaped.
Player ZZ is a bit too lethargic to captain so he is out of the question....with a name like * though, he was born to be skipper.

Swervy

International Captain
anyway, I think I am going for Player B. Player A is a flat track bully, and when world cricket was full of great bowlers (Player K, Player J, Player M etc), he had an average of 25.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is basically spam - it's a complete waste of bandwidth.

No problem with it being done, but do it in TF where this sort of crap belongs.

Swervy

International Captain
This is basically spam - it's a complete waste of bandwidth.

No problem with it being done, but do it in TF where this sort of crap belongs.
what is TF?

Do we always have to take ourselves so seriously in CC?

Actually I think the thread just highlights some of the absurdity of some of these Player A vs Player B comparison threads, and the way statistics are twisted to suit an individuals arguement. I think the occasional satirical look at what we do on here can possibly give it a bit of a kick in the arse. I get the impression a lot of people scattered around find the Player a vs Player B threads rather tedious and ultimatly futile...so why not allow some of us to have a mess about at our own expense, and maybe, just maybe, the world can be a bit better place for yours and Jennifer Anustown's children to live in.

I just want to bring peace and harmony:laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
what is TF?
Testing Forum. Not really rocket-science. It's the place where guys like Bennett can spam to their heart's content. Heck, even I post there, because sometimes there's some interesting stuff. A whole load of crap too, though - and that's what the place is designed for.
Do we always have to take ourselves so seriously in CC?
Big difference between "not taking seriously" (ie, having a bit of fun) and useless rubbish like this.
Actually I think the thread just highlights some of the absurdity of some of these Player A vs Player B comparison threads, and the way statistics are twisted to suit an individuals arguement. I think the occasional satirical look at what we do on here can possibly give it a bit of a kick in the arse. I get the impression a lot of people scattered around find the Player a vs Player B threads rather tedious and ultimatly futile...so why not allow some of us to have a mess about at our own expense, and maybe, just maybe, the world can be a bit better place for yours and Jennifer Anustown's children to live in.

I just want to bring peace and harmony:laugh:
Yeah, sure you do, hence stupid comments like that. Do you actually have a problem with the fact that my missus looks a bit like Jennifer Aniston? If not, then perhaps you could shut the blazes up about it and stop trying to make every second post into some idiotic gag or other relating to that.

Player vs player threads are usually pretty interesting, as long as they're serious comparisons - hence in recent times we've had lots of them - though, truth to be told, it looks like the high tide has currently ebbed. Obviously, statophobes like yourself might not like them, but they bring something interesting to discuss when times are a bit quieter than usual.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
If not, then perhaps you could shut the blazes up about it and stop trying to make every second post into some idiotic gag or other relating to that.
Haha, best bit. Couldn't see Richard out hunting with his whippets and cloth cap before that...

Swervy

International Captain
Testing Forum. Not really rocket-science. It's the place where guys like Bennett can spam to their heart's content. Heck, even I post there, because sometimes there's some interesting stuff. A whole load of crap too, though - and that's what the place is designed for..
Big difference between "not taking seriously" (ie, having a bit of fun) and useless rubbish like this

OK, sorry for not knowing what TF was? One mans meat is another mans poison Richard. Because you don't find it particularly amusing or worthy doesnt means others don't. If the powers that be wish to, I am sure they will ship it elsewhere out in the aether.

Yeah, sure you do, hence stupid comments like that. Do you actually have a problem with the fact that my missus looks a bit like Jennifer Aniston? If not, then perhaps you could shut the blazes up about it and stop trying to make every second post into some idiotic gag or other relating to that.

Actually I do have a problem with it.
I am madly jealous that you are hitchin up with Jenny A, and so please be a bit more sensitive about it. It is cutting me up inside here, and all you do is ram it down my throat that you are going to marry dear Jen. Please have a heart Richard

Player vs player threads are usually pretty interesting, as long as they're serious comparisons - hence in recent times we've had lots of them. Obviously, statophobes like yourself might not like them, but they bring something interesting to discuss when times are a bit quieter than usual.
Hey I agree, they can be interesting, however they tend to develop into a huge stalemate pretty quickly....simply because you refuse to admit you are wrong...(only kidding Richard)

Anyway, nuff said...it is ironic that you have made about 7 or 8 posts in this thread which is only about 30 odd long.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Big difference between "not taking seriously" (ie, having a bit of fun) and useless rubbish like this

OK, sorry for not knowing what TF was? One mans meat is another mans poison Richard. Because you don't find it particularly amusing or worthy doesnt means others don't. If the powers that be wish to, I am sure they will ship it elsewhere out in the aether.
Ideally it'd just have been closed on the spot - shame Camps wasn't around with his itchy closey finger today. There's plenty of GMs who'd have shut this without a second thought.

There's no use whatsoever that can come of threads like this, however - as I say, it's just an excuse for one random, nothing comment after another. I suppose it does up our postcounts though - and as some people so love to pretend I'm so morbidly fixated with my own count, they'll be happier with than without.
Actually I do have a problem with it.
I am madly jealous that you are hitchin up with Jenny A, and so please be a bit more sensitive about it. It is cutting me up inside here, and all you do is ram it down my throat that you are going to marry dear Jen. Please have a heart Richard
I'm not, though - and nor would I particularly want to, she's about 19 or 20 years older than me.

I am, however, hitched-up with my missus, who does resemble her a bit. It's not really the massive deal you've been regularly making it out to be recently.

Swervy

International Captain
Ideally it'd just have been closed on the spot - shame Camps wasn't around with his itchy closey finger today. There's plenty of GMs who'd have shut this without a second thought.
OK . right thats their choice, I am sure we are all adult enough to deal with it being kept open or being closed. I am more worried about the rising prise of petrol and food to be honest

I'm not, though - and nor would I particularly want to, she's about 19 or 20 years older than me.
what? .....you arent going out with Jenny A?....you had me there you sly dog...here is me thinking you were seeing Brad Pitts ex-squeeze...I was having thoughts of trying for Carmen Electra, given your success with the stars, and now its all ruined.

Last edited: