• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England in West Indies tour calendar announced

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
England unveil Caribbean itinerary

25-27 January - tour match
29-31 January - tour match
4-8 February - 1st Test, Sabina Park
13-17 February - 2nd Test, Viv Richards Stadium
21-22 February - tour match
26 February-2 March - 3rd Test, Kensington Oval
6-10 March - 4th Test, Queen's Park Oval
14 March - tour match (surely in Trinidad)
15 March - Twenty20 International, Queen's Park Oval
20 March - 1st ODI, Providence
22 March - 2nd ODI, Providence
27 March - 3rd ODI, Kensington Oval
29 March - 4th ODI, Kensington Oval
3 April - 5th ODI, Beausejour Ground

Earliest Test in the West Indies since 1998 - so WI will go without Tests from March to December.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Three tour-games (Y)
One worthless two-day tour-game (N)
A Twenty20 International that stops the tour from being finished in March (N)
Five rather than seven ODIs (Y)

Some good, some bad. Ideally I'd prefer the tour to be finished a week or so before it is. But at least there's no crazy back-to-backing of Tests.

Never know, hopefully by then WI might be playing some semi-decent cricket again too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Looks to be a good tour, West Indies is possibly my favourite tour from a personal POV as I can watch the matches when I get home from work

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Nice itinerary - likely that Pietersen et al will be clearing off to the IPL afterwards. Would have preferred it without the Twenty20 match here as well, like Richard said, but I'll take that.

EDIT: The mystery one-day tour match could be in Tobago if there's back-to-back matches in Port-of-Spain.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Three tour-games (Y)
One worthless two-day tour-game (N)
A Twenty20 International that stops the tour from being finished in March (N)
Five rather than seven ODIs (Y)

Some good, some bad. Ideally I'd prefer the tour to be finished a week or so before it is. But at least there's no crazy back-to-backing of Tests.

Never know, hopefully by then WI might be playing some semi-decent cricket again too.
The first 3 day game is designated 'practice' match with the other being FC match, so the first one will be a 13/14 a sider.

As George said, finishes in time for the IPL(and not by accident i presume) so we'll probably see some English players involved next year..unless the IPL sticks to its original plan of only allowing signings every 3 years, but i suspect that was more to browbeat waverers into signing.

The suggestion is the ECB will be quite happy for this to happen(though they deny it) because it means the players will be better prepared for the Twenty20 WC. Trouble is most of the players won't get contracts, Pietersen, Collingwood(maybe), Anderson(extremely doubtful) perhaps the only ones currently contracted.

I also find it funny Vaughan making comments about how he is excited by the IPL(it was a while ago i realise)...no team in their right minds would sign him

Last edited: