• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Domestic Re-vamp

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Yes to Jamee's idea, any sane person would bring back the knockout cup.

No to just about anything the ECB have decided on since the introduction of Twenty20 in 2003. Apart from that, the only reasonable idea they've come up with in domestic cricket was the reduction of teams promoted/relegated in the Championship.

Isura

U19 Captain
With the current international calender, international players playing domestic cricket is never going to happen all that much.

If this EPL idea comes to pass, I truly do hope that international Twenty20 goes ASAP. It's completely pointless. That, plus 10 ODIs only and 7 Test-matches only, and international tours that finished by the start of March (that's a bit idealistic, and depends more on the rest of the SH season than anything in The ECB's power) would leave a few small windows, and I reckon that's the best we can hope for.
I agree strongly with the second paragraph, but not going to happen. At least dump all international T20 except the WC. We need some cricketweb guys on the ICC committee!

Isura

U19 Captain
I propose a 3 year long Twenty20 comp (sponsored by Bonjela, for all your oral hygeine needs), 20 overs an innings, split into 2 over long mini innings, played between Australia, Derbyshire, Hong Kong and Keighley CC 4th team. Allow space between each ball for an advert , and if a wide is bowled, somewhere a kitten is killed.

Should keep everyone hooked.
Furthermore, international tours should be

1 off test
3 ODIs
5-7 match T20 series :laugh: