• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darryl hair - Overrated decision maker

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Some people are so indoctrinated by anti-racism jargon their knees jerk wildly whenever a subcontinent individual, team, culture is mentioned in a bad light. India got an umpire sacked they thought cost them, and could do it again. Bond is right on deal with it.
Err no. There is a difference between a critical way of looking at teams from the sub-continent and down right bigotry towards them.

MrHat

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Err no. There is a difference between a critical way of looking at teams from the sub-continent and down right bigotry towards them.
He was being dramatic but he was making a very valid point. Umpires have had their careers destroyed recently by teams from the subcontinent seeking revenge for making rulings against them. Hair, Bucknor......remember them? This is a serious issue and some people will want to debate it vigourously. You shutting down debate with accusations of racism is typical PC rubbish

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
No its not, and that debate has occurred on this board many a time. Bond21 however has made it clear, no matter his denials, that he prefers to hate on anything remotely sub-continental, and hence his comments will be taken that way and laughed off as Bond Bull****.

Stop throwing the 'PC' term around as if you're anti-establishment or something. Calling something PC is becoming the biggest defence of racist, ***ist and homophobic behaviour nowadays anyway.

MrHat

No its not, and that debate has occurred on this board many a time. Bond21 however has made it clear, no matter his denials, that he prefers to hate on anything remotely sub-continental, and hence his comments will be taken that way and laughed off as Bond Bull****.

Stop throwing the 'PC' term around as if you're anti-establishment or something. Calling something PC is becoming the biggest defence of racist, ***ist and homophobic behaviour nowadays anyway.
Didn't take someone else long to trump up some accusation of racism. If the use of the word PC is considered indicative of racism around this board, then it doens't take much and Bond should sleep easy.

bond21

Banned
Lmao....

If you didnt notice why Hair got suspended indefinately for following the rules which happened to leave Pakistan the losers, and why Bucknor got kicked out of the Australia v India tour for the Symonds decision you are fooling yourselves.

I really dont care what anyone on this forum thinks I am, Im not racist but then again I dont consider calling Michael Jordan a black man makes one a radical white supremist.

Why to some people is calling someone black offensive, but calling someone white isnt?

Double Standards FTW....

bond21

Banned
Didn't take someone else long to trump up some accusation of racism. If the use of the word PC is considered indicative of racism around this board, then it doens't take much and Bond should sleep easy.
lol dont worry im not losing any sleep over this absolute nonsense.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Lmao....

If you didnt notice why Hair got suspended indefinately for following the rules which happened to leave Pakistan the losers, and why Bucknor got kicked out of the Australia v India tour for the Symonds decision you are fooling yourselves.

I really dont care what anyone on this forum thinks I am, Im not racist but then again I dont consider calling Michael Jordan a black man makes one a radical white supremist.

Why to some people is calling someone black offensive, but calling someone white isnt?

Double Standards FTW....
The same reason that calling someone a black **** is racist and calling someone a ginger **** isn't.

bond21

Banned
Instead of singing “Baa baa, black sheep” as generations of children have learnt to do, toddlers in Oxfordshire are being taught to sing “Baa baa, rainbow sheep”.

The move, which critics will seize on as an example of political correctness, was made after the nurseries decided to re-evaluate their approach to equal opportunities.

Stuart Chamberlain, manager of the Family Centre in Abingdon and the Sure Start centre in Sutton Courtenay, Oxfordshire, told the local Courier Journal newspaper: “We have taken the equal opportunities approach to everything we do.

“This is fairly standard across nurseries. We are following stringent equal opportunities rules. No one should feel pointed out because of their race, gender or anything else.”

In keeping with the new approach, teachers at the nurseries have reportedly also changed the ending of Humpty Dumpty so as not to upset the children and dropped the seven dwarfs from the title of Snow White.

A spokesman for Ofsted, the watchdog which inspects Sure Start centres, confirmed that centres are expected to “have regard to anti-discrimination good practice” and that staff should “actively promote equality of opportunity”.

Gervase Duffield, a Conservative district councillor representing Sutton Courtenay and Appleford, denounced the ban as ridiculous.

“It’s the sort of thing that people continually do nowadays — it’s become something of a curse,” he said. “Why do people waste time and money doing this sort of thing when there are far more important things to think about when it comes to educating our children?”

A mother whose daughter attends the Sure Start nursery at the Family Centre in Abingdon, who did not want to be named, said parents had been astonished by the change.

“Baa Baa, Black Sheep has been one of the most well-known nursery rhymes for generations. For people to come along and fiddle with it is ridiculous. What on earth is a rainbow sheep anyway?

“I’ve spoken to other parents about it and none of us has ever heard of anyone getting offended by the words ‘black sheep’.”

This is not the first time, however, that the nursery rhyme — written in 1744 satirising the taxes imposed on wool exports — has fallen foul of political correctness. In 2000 Birmingham City Council tried to ban the rhyme, after claiming that it was racist and portrayed negative stereotypes. The council rescinded the ban after black parents said it was ludicrous.

Last year, a nursery school in Aberdeen caused uproar, when teachers changed the lyrics to “Baa baa, happy sheep”.

Margaret Morrissey, of the National Confederation of Parent Teachers Association, said: “It’s really sad. Children for generations have loved and enjoyed nursery rhymes and it’s very sad if adult political correctness doesn’t allow them to grow up in an unbiased world.”

A DfES spokesperson said: “We don’t support this approach to the teaching of traditional nursery rhymes, but any such decision would be taken locally.”

Thats an article from timesonline.co.uk

I highlighted where the absolute insanity is present....baa baa rainbow sheep ffs....the stupidity is unbelievable.

So to sum up, white people wanted the rhyme banned, black people said it was ludicrous....hmm somethings not right there...

Also Snow White gets a name change in this politically correct age, maybe theyll change "Dwarf" to "Little People" Snow White and the 7 Little People sounds a lot better than the classic title....

Last edited:
I've seen David Shephard giving worst decisions that What Hair has in his career,did anyone ever shout racism? No,but why?
Billy Bowden makes shockers but why doesn't anyone accuse of racism?

Because their body language & behavior with players tells that they made a mistake unintentionally,exactly opposite to Darryl Hair who behaves in the similar way as a master hushing & beating his herd of sheep" or that of' "a typical third world policeman misbehaving with public".
Some people say he's biased but thats not true because having different race than yours

OR

Continous descrimination against a group of indivduals from a different ethinic background than yours is RACISM.

Moreoer,think for yourself that why do asian teams only have had problem with Hair only in last 10 years or so & not any other umpire?

Last edited:

bond21

Banned
gingers arent a race....gingers are white people.

races are Caucasian, Black, Asian, Hispanic etc...hair colour does exactly qualify as a race

bond21

Banned
so if Hair umpired a ODI, Australia vs India and gave a questionable decision against India, that makes him a total white supremist because its a white team vs a black team?

Or if he was umpiring Aus v India, he surely would have some level of bias because hes Australian, so because he might be bias towards his country, that makes him a black hating whip cracker?

so if Hair umpired a ODI, Australia vs India and gave a questionable decision against India, that makes him a total white supremist because its a white team vs a black team?

Or if he was umpiring Aus v India, he surely would have some level of bias because hes Australian, so because he might be bias towards his country, that makes him a black hating whip cracker?
You can't umpire in a match involving your own country.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm not a racist, but.....(proceed to say something racist).

Hey, back in the old days, we weren't PC, and as a result we had an inclusive society in America, Australia, etc where everyone was treated equally. Hell, even in the West Indies, it was just coincidence to have a white captain all the time.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Instead of singing “Baa baa, black sheep” as generations of children have learnt to do, toddlers in Oxfordshire are being taught to sing “Baa baa, rainbow sheep”.

The move, which critics will seize on as an example of political correctness, was made after the nurseries decided to re-evaluate their approach to equal opportunities.

Stuart Chamberlain, manager of the Family Centre in Abingdon and the Sure Start centre in Sutton Courtenay, Oxfordshire, told the local Courier Journal newspaper: “We have taken the equal opportunities approach to everything we do.

“This is fairly standard across nurseries. We are following stringent equal opportunities rules. No one should feel pointed out because of their race, gender or anything else.”

In keeping with the new approach, teachers at the nurseries have reportedly also changed the ending of Humpty Dumpty so as not to upset the children and dropped the seven dwarfs from the title of Snow White.

A spokesman for Ofsted, the watchdog which inspects Sure Start centres, confirmed that centres are expected to “have regard to anti-discrimination good practice” and that staff should “actively promote equality of opportunity”.

Gervase Duffield, a Conservative district councillor representing Sutton Courtenay and Appleford, denounced the ban as ridiculous.

“It’s the sort of thing that people continually do nowadays — it’s become something of a curse,” he said. “Why do people waste time and money doing this sort of thing when there are far more important things to think about when it comes to educating our children?”

A mother whose daughter attends the Sure Start nursery at the Family Centre in Abingdon, who did not want to be named, said parents had been astonished by the change.

“Baa Baa, Black Sheep has been one of the most well-known nursery rhymes for generations. For people to come along and fiddle with it is ridiculous. What on earth is a rainbow sheep anyway?

“I’ve spoken to other parents about it and none of us has ever heard of anyone getting offended by the words ‘black sheep’.”

This is not the first time, however, that the nursery rhyme — written in 1744 satirising the taxes imposed on wool exports — has fallen foul of political correctness. In 2000 Birmingham City Council tried to ban the rhyme, after claiming that it was racist and portrayed negative stereotypes. The council rescinded the ban after black parents said it was ludicrous.

Last year, a nursery school in Aberdeen caused uproar, when teachers changed the lyrics to “Baa baa, happy sheep”.

Margaret Morrissey, of the National Confederation of Parent Teachers Association, said: “It’s really sad. Children for generations have loved and enjoyed nursery rhymes and it’s very sad if adult political correctness doesn’t allow them to grow up in an unbiased world.”

A DfES spokesperson said: “We don’t support this approach to the teaching of traditional nursery rhymes, but any such decision would be taken locally.”

Thats an article from timesonline.co.uk

I highlighted where the absolute insanity is present....baa baa rainbow sheep ffs....the stupidity is unbelievable.

So to sum up, white people wanted the rhyme banned, black people said it was ludicrous....hmm somethings not right there...

Also Snow White gets a name change in this politically correct age, maybe theyll change "Dwarf" to "Little People" Snow White and the 7 Little People sounds a lot better than the classic title....
What what the relevance of that? None.

Haven't I already said that I hate Political Corectness. The fact that you get all upset about people changing some words in a song, but it has no relevance to the fact that I think you are bigoted.

PhoenixFire

International Coach

Double Standards FTW....
Where has anybody said that? And why is that relevant to Darrel Hair?

Nobody here has said that calling a black person black is racist. You seem to be having a problem differenciating between your fantasy world where you are called a racist where you look at a black person, and the real world.

MrHat

I'm not a racist, but.....(proceed to say something racist).

Hey, back in the old days, we weren't PC, and as a result we had an inclusive society in America, Australia, etc where everyone was treated equally. Hell, even in the West Indies, it was just coincidence to have a white captain all the time.
Like a pack of hyenas, aren't you.