• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Life after Richie Benaud announces retirement

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Only good to come of Sky winning the Test cricket up here was the restriction of Nicholas to half an hour on channel nobody gives a ****.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Only good to come of Sky winning the Test cricket up here was the restriction of Nicholas to half an hour on channel nobody gives a ****.
When you have to trade it for that shocking classical remix of Dreadlock Holiday, it's instantly cancelled-out.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When you have to trade it for that shocking classical remix of Dreadlock Holiday, it's instantly cancelled-out.
Yes. That is a pile of crap, but so's the devoid-of-anything-but-hyperbole Mark Nicholas. Hard to say what's worst, but I'd say Nicholas is as he goes on for longer.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes. Never did I think it possible that one show's theme tune could so comprehensively trump another.

Mister Wright

Lay off Healy, hes a nice guy.

Who here besides me has actually met him and talked to him?
Met him at a coaching clinic, way back when, and he was still an international cricketer at the time. Took the time to talk to all the kids there and actually pulled the gloves on and had a game with us. Super bloke.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
How about a thread dedicated to "Life after Richard announces his retirement"?

I am sure it will be more interesting.
:)

Perm

Nicholas is Rabs and the rest of the team is Gus Gould or Peter Sterling.

Nicholas tells us all the useless information but makes it sound kinda exciting(THORPE! HACKETT! HACKETT! THORPE! THERES NOTHING IN IT!!)
Pretty insulting to both of them really. Nicholas and Warren have an excellent knowledge of their respective sports.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

Well unfortunately(?) I will not be retiring for another 43 years. And it's rather frightening that that's all it is, really.

When I do, I daresay CW - if it is indeed still around - will be seeing an increase in posting.

Flem274*

123/5

That thread needs to be made. In fact if Richard could be distracted and his account hacked I'm sure it could be pulled off.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Danny's haka was an embarrassment. Can't forgive him for that debacle.