• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone been taken out of the attack for 3 no balls?

bond21

Banned
As you know if you bowl 3 no balls above the waist in an innings you cant bowl for the remainder of the innings.

Anyone bowled 3 no balls and had to have someone else finish their over? lol

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jerome Taylor was removed from the Windies attack v Sri Lanka in the 2nd test only a couple of months back for a second beamer, actually. 99% sure it's only two needed with attempted slower balls exempted.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
James Franklin playing for Glamorgan a few years ago I recall. Someone else had to bowl the 1 ball left in the over and it got hit for 6, leaving him with an economy rate of 36.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A mate in a 2nd XI game got taken out of the attack in the first over of the opposition's second innings for a couple of beamers in his first over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As I mentioned in the "your season" thread, I opened a match (first and second balls of the first-innings) earlier this year with 2 head-high Beamers - then got the batsman lbw with the first legit ball. Found-out later on he was an ex-England Schools batsman, and the rest of their side wasn't all that good either.

Still felt far less pleased with the wicket than I normally would, mind. Just cheapens everything, excessive Beamers, even though you know they weren't intentional.

biased indian

International Coach
As you know if you bowl 3 no balls above the waist in an innings you cant bowl for the remainder of the innings.

Anyone bowled 3 no balls and had to have someone else finish their over? lol
a second no ball of this kind and u r taken off the attack not 3rd rite ?????

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How is that possible?
At a guess, noball hit for 4 and next ball being hit for 6 and then stop bowling.

1 legal ball for 11 runs = econ of 66
No, far worse than that. It was five wides (not a single wide that went to the boundary - five consecutive wide deliveries) then a single legit ball that was struck for six. He was injured - I know not how - after the six and could not bowl again.

Here's the 'card.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, far worse than that. It was five wides (not a single wide that went to the boundary - five consecutive wide deliveries) then a single legit ball that was struck for six. He was injured - I know not how - after the six and could not bowl again.

Here's the 'card.
Silverwood opened the batting?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I never said I don't feel vaguely guilty about said sentiment, but I simply cannot stand Symonds. A complete dickhead. I fully understood Waqar's frustration and inability to bring himself to apologise for said Beamers in said match.
That is a terrible thing to say.