• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 - bowl out or hold back

ret

International Debutant
IN THE IPL, many times we see a bowler bowling with a good rhythm being taken off as the captain wants to hold him back for the death overs or save him for later

the Q is, is it a good move to hold him back or is it better to continue with him and make the most out of his good spell?

I 'm for the later. If I were the captain and if one of the bowlers is bowling well then i would be tempted to bowl him out and see if he can pick up a few more wkts or at least keep the pressure on by bowling tightly

Taking off someone after 2 overs when bowling well could mean that bowler may have to come to terms with finding that rhythm all over again in his new spell, which can be difficult when the batsmen are looking to dominate .... sometimes, it takes a bowler a few balls or overs to get into rhythm, which is all that the batsmen want to deliver that KO blow

whats your call?

Last edited:

bond21

Banned
depends on the attack.

if hes one of your only good bowlers, take him off, if you have good latter over bowlers, keep him going

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea depends on the bowler and the situation really, I'd rarely take off a McGrath, Pollock or Vaas for instance.

Howzatone

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Depends on the bowler. If say somone like Yuvraj or Ganguly was bowling really well then I'd bowl them through, but if someone like Pollock or Brett Lee was bowling really well then I'd save them for the death as I'd feel like they could easily replicate their rythymn, while Ganguly or Yuvraj could easily lose their rythymn and come back on and get clattered to all parts.