• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni or Symonds: Better six hitter

Who has better six hitting capabilities?

• Total voters

ret

International Debutant
trying to confirm the criteria

the ability to hit the ball as far as possible or the ability to hit 6s [even if it clears the rope by a few centimeters] more often than not

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
trying to confirm the criteria

the ability to hit the ball as far as possible or the ability to hit 6s [even if it clears the rope by a few centimeters] more often than not
Doesn't matter. Symonds by any criteria.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Symonds hate can't extend to the fact he is superb at limited overs cricket and probably the strongest man in cricket ATM. He can hit a six as far as anyone.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Symonds hate can't extend to the fact he is superb at limited overs cricket and probably the strongest man in cricket ATM. He can hit a six as far as anyone.
Not as far as A. Morkel. I wonder if Symonds could throw a kettle over a pub though.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
You really see a "Symnds-hate" here ?

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Both have good reputations but Symonds has been doing it for longer and arguably better. So I would say symonds.

Flem274*

123/5
McCullum.
Haha, was going to say the same thing.

I'll settle for Jimmy Franklin :p he can hit further than Oram it is rumoured.

Symonds imo is outclassed by Hayden. Can't recall many of Dhoni's sixes though he certainly can hit.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James Franklin can hit the ball further than anybody else in the New Zealand side. I've heard both Oram and McCullum say that in an interview.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I think Symonds hits more sixes doesnt he?

Dhoni has an excellent shot where he hits a yorker between Deep & Long On for a four. The ball is hit back faster than I have seen anyone hit the ball.