• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fixtures

June 2008
Sun 29 - Tue 1
Somerset v South Africans

July 2008
Fri 4 - Sun 6
Middlesex v South Africans

Thu 10 - Mon 14
1st Test - England v South Africa
Lord's

Fri 18 - Tue 22
2nd Test - England v South Africa
Headingley

Fri 25 - Sun 27
Bangladesh A v South Africans
New Road

Wed 30 - Sun 3
3rd Test - England v South Africa
Edgbaston

August 2008
Thu 7 - Mon 11
4th Test - England v South Africa
Oval

Wed 13
PCA Masters XI v South Africans

Thu 14
England Lions v South Africans
Grace Road

Sat 16
England Lions v South Africans
County Ground, Derby

Wed 20
Twenty20 International - England v South Africa
Chester-le-Street

Fri 22
1st ODI - England v South Africa
Headingley

Tue 26
2nd ODI - England v South Africa
Trent Bridge

Fri 29
3rd ODI - England v South Africa
Oval

Sun 31
4th ODI - England v South Africa
Lord's

September 2008
Wed 3
5th ODI - England v South Africa
Sophia Gardens

South African test squad
Graeme Smith (capt), Ashwell Prince (vice-capt), Neil McKenzie, Hashim Amla, Jacques Kallis, AB de Villiers, Mark Boucher (wk), JP Duminy, Morne Mørkel, Robin Peterson, Paul Harris, Dale Steyn, Andre Nel, Makhaya Ntini, Monde Zondeki.

ODI and 20/20 squad announced next month...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dammit I was so going to start this.

Anyway, should be interesting as post-readmission series between these countries almost always have been.

Will be particularly interested to see who I'll be supporting.

Craig

World Traveller
Good to see Andre Nel back. I honestly thought he was a certainty to join the ICL after he was snubbed for the tour of India.

And one T20 match now? This is a shock.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Logic suggests a SA win. Steyn will be far too good for Engalnd's fragile batting, and the rest of SA's attack will be good enough to clear up the rest. Kallis is by far the best batsman on view, and England's attack just doesn't look up to it (even before this morning's debacle). That being said, SA do have a history of failing to win series over here that they should have cantered, so maybe England will get lucky again. Plus England's attack could conceivably be much stronger if Flintoff is fit.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I have a history of supporting SA TBH. Never been quite sure why, just like 'em. I wondered several times in the 2004/05 series which side I was supporting, and even now I'm still not really sure (hence probably never will be).

Possibly have a similar situation here.

Marius

International Debutant
Just a thought on the SA squad. The fact that the squad almost picks itself, and there aren't any controversies surrounding it, is probably a sign that SA cricket (at international level at least) is rather healthy.

And of the six non-whites in the squad, with the exception of Robin Peterson (why the f*** do the selectors persist with him?), they are all there on merit, in my opinion.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a thought on the SA squad. The fact that the squad almost picks itself, and there aren't any controversies surrounding it, is probably a sign that SA cricket (at international level at least) is rather healthy.

And of the six non-whites in the squad, with the exception of Robin Peterson (why the f*** do the selectors persist with him?), they are all there on merit, in my opinion.
Its him or Tshabalala:laugh: