• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
***y? He looks pre-pubescent!!!

Saw the replay of Vaughan's out last night. Look, how can a fella who's as classy a player as him just lose his off stump for a living like he does?
I was referring to the shots not the man. He looks like he was a fairy nicked from one of those Romantic period paintings

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At the risk of being hunted down, there's differences between here & Adelaide
1. The weather forecast means time's going to be lost, so batting on & on may not be the best course
2. If the overcast weather is going to be later today & on Saturday, we probably need SB & Anderson to be bowling then
3. Warne won't be bowling on Day 5

Of course, it'll all be academic if we collapse when one of these guys is dismissed.
Weather forecasts for this island are so reliable aren't they.

We're only just gone past 105 overs. I wouldn't even consider declaring til late into the evening session. If England 600+ then you probably declare. Declaring at 500-550 serves no purpose whatsoever because it doesn't give you safety and you'll very likely need to bat again. The only way declaring earlier makes sense is if there's going to be only 2 days of play left in the game and even then the follow-on target will be important.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Pietersen gone! South Africa with a very small opening thanks to a quick Morkel bouncer.

stumpski

International Captain
I hope this isn't the cue for Collingwood to scratch out a two-hour 20 - we need to keep the momentum. Doubt very much if he'd be dropped even if he does fail here.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
404/4 LOL, :D

I just know that tomorrow the only part that won't be rained off is when I'm at the footy, after I will have missed a couple of days of us sominating, well, four sessions so far, anyway

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Dad finishes watching the League for the night, turn over and KP has just gotten out and I get to see Collers walk to the crease.

Natman20

International Debutant
Typical England. Heres the rain ... All proper cricket grounds should have rain shelter! (rooves) :)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
A dome is the answer tbh. if you want to emulate the wind, just put some giant fans on the boundary (not the Barmy Army) and rotate them around the pitch. There.

Woodster

International Captain
Very early days in this series, but Smith's captaincy has been very confusing at times with regards field settings and bowling changes, Poor Morkel must have upset him this morning after the skippers reluctance to use him much earlier, following a rather tame opening spell from Ntini.