• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Perennial Twelth Man

Jeetan Patel, do you like him?

• Total voters

Athlai

Not Terrible
Which is why Patel is going to remain out of the team in Vettori's wake, destined to always sit on the sidelines, bring out the drinks, field a bit and be that member of the team who's name will never go down in history.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thought this thread would be about Andrew Bichel or Kaspa tbh, The Perennial Twelth Men.

Lord Flasheart

Cricket Spectator
Murphy Su'a is the greatest 12th man ever. He owes this honour to the racism shown to him by the white oppressors of the NZ team for not chosing him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
The question on everyones lips is: Would we have done any better with Jeeves in the team?

Yes IMO, but just barely. He would have had O'Briens spot, but the conundrum is that O'Brien was the next best bowler after Vettori. :wacko:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Might've done better if Mills had fallen and temporarily damaged a kneecap 20 minutes before the toss in order for him to be chosen. On the other hand, that'd have meant O'Brien'd have opened the bowling and who knows, maybe the pressure would have got to him and he'd have become O'Diren.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I reckon Jeetan + Vettori + O'Brien + Oram in these conditions is probably the best we could muster. O'Brien bowling into that wind was legendary IMO.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Martin bowled beautifully for the most part in the first Test. He is still New Zealand's best seamer IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah, but Martin and Mills not playing was always OOTQ wasn't it?

Never seen you use that abbreviation before but I assume its out of the question. And yeah, it makes sense for this inexperienced Kiwi team to keep its most experienced attack, in the absence of Franklin, Mills is granted his place in the team as one of the older staples of the attack.

Don't reckon he deserves it TBH, reckon he's good and all but I rate Franklin mighty higher. And in the case of a stronger pace attack (Oram, Martin, Franklin) the likelihood of Patel playing on the OT kind of pitch would be greater I reckon.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Martin bowled beautifully for the most part in the first Test. He is still New Zealand's best seamer IMO.
Barring injury (Franklin) and politics (Bond) Martin is our best seamer quite easily IMO. The effort he's put into his game lately is quite impressive, really goes in and gives it his all.