• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Game - 3 selectors needed :)

aussie tragic

International Captain
Here's your chance to surpass the IPL franchise system by picking Test teams....

So I need the first 3 Selectors to nominate themselves and then pick their team one player at a time…only catch, I nominate the players from the ICC rankings…

Must pick 2 Openers from
1 M.L. Hayden
2 G.C. Smith
3 V. Sehwag
4 A.N. Cook
5 A.J. Strauss
6 C.H. Gayle

Must pick # 3-5 Batsmen from
1 M.E.K. Hussey
2 R.T. Ponting
3 K.C. Sangakkara
4 Mohammad Yousuf
5 J.H. Kallis
6 D.P.M.D. Jayawardena
7 S. Chanderpaul
8 Younis Khan
9 K.P. Pietersen

Must pick # 6 from
1 M.J. Clarke
2 S.R. Tendulkar
3 R. Dravid

or Allrounder
1 D.L. Vettori
2 A. Flintoff
3 J.D.P. Oram

Must pick 1 Wicketkeeper (umm no ICC rankings, so Aussie Tragic rankings apply)
1 M.V. Boucher
2 B.B. McCullum
3 M.S. Dhoni

Must pick 3 Pace Bowlers from
1 D.W. Steyn
2 S.R. Clark
3 B. Lee
4 M. Ntini
5 R.J. Sidebottom
6 W.P.U.J.C. Vaas
7 Shoaib Akhtar
8 S.E. Bond
9 C.D. Collymore

Must pick 1 Spinner from
1 M. Muralidaran
2 A. Kumble
3 Danish Kaneria

Okay, first in best dressed, pick players in any order :)

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So we go one at a time right, 1st owner picks a name, then the 2nd owner picks from the remaining, etc?

We should do 1-2-3-3-2-1-1-2-3, etc, so the 1st owner does not have a huge advantage.

aussie tragic

International Captain
So we go one at a time right, 1st owner picks a name, then the 2nd owner picks from the remaining, etc?

We should do 1-2-3-3-2-1-1-2-3, etc, so the 1st owner does not have a huge advantage.
ummm, rather follow schoolyard cricket rules of one at a time....if you like I can pick a number between 1-10 and whoever is closest picks first....I think it's not much of an advantage as do you pick bowlers, openers, spinner, batsmen or WK first?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Okay, first Franchise round is from:

Jamie 999ers
The Silentstriker Pigeons
KP's Dollars

Let's just go in that order, but be warned SS will pick pace bowlers first :)

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
I guess 7.
Invalid....Jamie 999ers is first pick (but I guess you meant Shoaib?)

EDIT: oh, I get it, the 1-10 lol.....nah I went with my OP of first in best dressed....you're 2nd best dressed though SS ;)

Jamie 999ers, your pick, followed by SS Pidgons and then KP$

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Okay, lets keep it quick, 10 minute rule of selection applies....or next franchise owner can pick :)

Go ahead Pidge :)

Last edited: