• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Game - 3 selectors needed :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I feel I have the best team.....I have the best fast bowling, and fast bowling wins matches. I also have a very good spinner, and I have the class of Tendulkar and Kallis in the batting order. Sehwag should be great when he fires, and I bat deep, with McCullum, Lee, Kumble, etc, all holding a bat. So combined with a good attack, and a deep batting lineup, I think I did well here. My bowling has Steyn and Lee as the faster men, with Sidebottom as a very good swing bowler, and obviously Kumble on turning/bouncy wickets.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
This is how I would rank those sides:

1. Silentstriker - for the reasons you just mentioned; the far superior bowling attack (best 2 quicks in the world right now, with good variety (you have the left armer, also Steyn and Lee bowl in somewhat different styles) and Kumble is very used to bowling long, testing spells, Sehwag can be more than useful too. Class batsmen in the middle, solid at the top (contrasting styles + RH/LH) and you bat deep. A lefty or two in the middle would have been nice. Also a good mix of grafters and strokemakers. This team will win matches consistently in all conditions.

2. Jamee999 - You have exceptionally strong batting that will do well in all conditions. The scoring rate could stagnate in your middle order though, 3-6 can all be contained, there's always a danger of this causing a collapse. Also Sangakkarra is a much better batsmen when he doesn't have the gloves (averages over 70!). The bowling however looks a little lacking in penetration; oram has only really been good in NZ and EN on slow greenish surfaces, clark has looked seriously lacking in penetration on tracks that aren't bouncy (he's played all his tests in AU and SA, when he played India on relatively slower surfaces he averaged over 28 with the ball). Vettori rarely troubles world class batsmen. Flintoff can trouble the best but won't give you many overs a day. Murali hasn't looked the same bowler since that last injury and his numbers reflect that. That said with your batting your not going to lose many games.

3. Aussie Tragic - Mate your batting is going to struggle against those other 2 sides bowling - Gayle is a flat track bully who hasn't scored a test hundred in 4 years. Ponting has been found out consistently by top quality bowlers and truth be told has scored the majority of his runs against fairly weak bowling attacks (the fast bowling of the first 6 years or so of this decade was pretty awful other than Mcgrath and Pollock and Ponting has cashed in), also a test average of 12 in 8 tests in India points to a pretty poor player of spin. His struggles against Murali, H Singh, Bond and now I Sharma are well documented. Pietersen too has been found out in recent times and is pretty poor off the back foot, Mohammed Asif seemed to work him out very fast indeed. Pietersen has also shown pretty poor awareness of where his off stump his (repeatedly getting out to the inswinging ball/one that nips in). Cook is fairly solid but won't be scoring quickly against the other 2 attacks. Yousuf hasn't been tested much since his apparent transformation but you'd back him to score runs. I'm uncertain over clarke. Akhtar isn't going to do much for your team's dressing room mood and his fitness is an issue, he isn't going to bowl too many overs a day. Bond isn't the bowler he was 3 or 4 years ago, Ntini looks to be getting back to his best. Kaneria is awful mate, he takes wickets because no one else is for Pakistan, in fact I reckon he's getting worse. Bhaji Macgill or even Monty are better choices.

Sorry if I sound over critical, just one guy's opinion.