Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SS "Most overrated batsmen of all time: All of them"

International Captain cover drive man's Avatar

SS "Most overrated batsmen of all time: All of them"

ITSTL care to explain please?
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

-Tolstoy

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    He (ss) doesn't like batsmen. Take the glory away from the seam-bowlers, see? And their job, compared to that of a seam-bowler, is extremely easy.

It's a tongue-in-cheek comment, though, unlike the Muralitharan and Warne one in the same sig.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He (ss) doesn't like batsmen. Take the glory away from the seam-bowlers, see? And their job, compared to that of a seam-bowler, is extremely easy.

It's a tongue-in-cheek comment, though, unlike the Muralitharan and Warne one in the same sig.
    How can you say Warne and Muralitharan are overrated? They're the two biggest wicket takers of all time.
    Last edited by cover drive man; 21-05-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Because the fact that they're the two biggest wicket-takers of all-time obscures people to the fact that there are others who have also bowled for extremely long careers (not as long as those two, but I'd say 90 Tests and 130 Tests are both long enough to show endurance and longevity and someone who was more effective over 90 than someone else was over 130 is very definately the better bowler for my money) who have actually had far more going for them as bowlers.

The fact that so many people are willing to suggest Warne and Murali are better than the best 20 or so seamers of all-time is madness, IMO. And suggesting they're better than all bar 2 or 3 seamers as so many do is serious, serious madness, and makes them the two most overrated bowlers of all-time.
    Last edited by Richard; 21-05-2008 at 11:45 AM.

Because the fact that they're the two biggest wicket-takers of all-time obscures people to the fact that there are others who have also bowled for extremely long careers (not as long as those two, but I'd say 90 Tests and 130 Tests are both long enough to show endurance and longevity and someone who was more effective) who have actually had far more going for them as bowlers.

The fact that so many people are willing to suggest Warne and Murali are better than the best 20 or so seamers of all-time is madness, IMO. And suggesting they're better than all bar 2 or 3 seamers as so many do is serious, serious madness, and makes them the two most overrated bowlers of all-time.
    You win.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Ah, you know me too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Because the fact that they're the two biggest wicket-takers of all-time obscures people to the fact that there are others who have also bowled for extremely long careers (not as long as those two, but I'd say 90 Tests and 130 Tests are both long enough to show endurance and longevity and someone who was more effective over 90 than someone else was over 130 is very definately the better bowler for my money) who have actually had far more going for them as bowlers.

The sentiments of someone that is absolutely clueless when it comes to the skill involved in getting a ball from end of the pitch to the other

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    The sentiments of someone that is absolutely clueless when it comes to the skill involved in getting a ball from end of the pitch to the other
    Haha, what? I am not arguing that (for example) leg spin requires more mastery than fast bowling. I am arguing that fast bowling will win you more matches than spin bowling will. Also, please don't start with insults. If you disagree with something, just say what you disagree with and why - there is no reason to call people names. You're starting the whole discussion off on the wrong foot (it actually prohibits mature discussion).

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Me .......by myself

Quote Originally Posted by social View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Also, please don't start with insults. If you disagree with something, just say what you disagree with and why - there is no reason to call people names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    And suggesting they're better than all bar 2 or 3 seamers as so many do is serious, serious madness, and makes them the two most overrated bowlers of all-time.
    ??

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Spinners and seamers are both important IMO. Batsmen too.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Don't give SS the attention he wants!

Its just him being stupid.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Don't give SS the attention he wants!

Its just him being stupid.
    Haha, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    ??
    That too. Should have quoted both.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information