• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL - battle for the wooden spoon

who will get wooden spoon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ret

International Debutant
SO who is going to get the wooden spoon, i.e. finish at the bottom, in the IPL?

the prime contenders for the wooden spoon are Hybad Deccan Chargers and Banglore Royal Challengers

Ofc both the teams would want to stay away from getting the wooden spoon .... their battle royale is on May 25th in Hybad, which they would want to win

Chargers are yet to win a game at home, so will they be able to knock off the Challengers at home? Or will the Challengers pick their game and stay clear of the wooden spoon?

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I think Mallya deserves the wooden spoon, not his team. This moron is the main cause for poor morale in his team.

I can't understand how idiots like him cause low morale and then ask justifications for how the team is not doing well?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think Mallya deserves the wooden spoon, not his team. This moron is the main cause for poor morale in his team.

I can't understand how idiots like him cause low morale and then ask justifications for how the team is not doing well?
I worked for his father till he died and then for him for a year and a half so I know him pretty well. I also attended his wedding party at the Western India Turf Club. I am not surprised one bit by how he has conducted himself. This is Vijay Mallya for you. He is no different in running his companies. Sycophants are the only people who survive with him.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I worked for his father till he died and then for him for a year and a half so I know him pretty well. I also attended his wedding party at the Western India Turf Club. I am not surprised one bit by how he has conducted himself. This is Vijay Mallya for you. He is no different in running his companies. Psychophants are the only people who survive with him.
Classic moron and skirt chaser as far as Im concerned.

pasag

RTDAS
I worked for his father till he died and then for him for a year and a half so I know him pretty well. I also attended his wedding party at the Western India Turf Club. I am not surprised one bit by how he has conducted himself. This is Vijay Mallya for you. He is no different in running his companies. Psychophants are the only people who survive with him.
Ah, it all makes sense. Bangalore have been discussed ad nauseum, but at the end of the day even Deccan aren't a bad team at all, Gilchrist, Afridi, Symonds (at the beginning), Sharma and quite a few other good players. Many were saying they'd be certain semi-finalists pre-season. Things haven't really gone their way, but next year I'd fully expect them to turn things around, given there aren't any inherent problems in the side we don't know about.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sorry, I meant sycophants not psycho-phants ... whatever I was thinking :)

masterblaster

International Captain
Seems both my teams are out of it. Bangalore most definitely, but the state of my birth Delhi is in with some chance of making the semi's. Bangalore seems to deserve the wooden spoon a little more than Deccan though mainly because of the antics of their management.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Um, you've never chased tail in your life?
No, only asked the woman I was interested in if she was interested in me and married her a year later.

Mallya is 50 plus, married and has 3 kids(I think) and supposedly a respectable Indian businessman. It does not behoove him to publicly chase women IMO. You wont see a Ratan Tata or a Narayan Murthy ever behave like this idiot.

ret

International Debutant
B'lore probably deserve the wooden spoon, so I voted for it

Both these teams have been exposed due to inadequacy or lack of depth in one department, while B'lore looks short on quality T20 batting, Hy'bad looks short on quality T20 bowling

Ironically, B'lore's bowling and Hybad's batting, the key strengths of both the sides haven't measured up as well

Good luck to both these teams for next year

haroon510

International 12th Man
Bangalore.. their whole team is missed up.. i mean common selecting players like kallis and dravid for 20/20 game.. they barely fit the one day arena.

ret

International Debutant
B'lore upsets Chennai .... the wooden spoon is now in Hybad's court. let's see what it does to throw it back in B'lore's :laugh:

andmark

International Captain
I haven't been following the IPL. That's why I have chose alot of irrelevant options.:unsure:

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
BRC atleast went for an unsual team selection (test oriented) that backfired.
What is the excuse for the Deccan Chargers? They went for Symonds, Gilchrist, Afridi, Styris, Rohit Sharma etc.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
bangalore have the advantage no thanks to their own play. watching chennai bat was painful to say the least.

ret

International Debutant
the wooden spoon is Hy'bads

the bummer for them was their bowling and fielding .... they seriously need to work upon that to make an impression

could have done better than spend $1.3 million on Symmo as he was not available for most of the games .... the batting didn't click. watching them play gave the impression of a team playing rusty cricket

better luck for next year and hope that they look like a well-oiled unit in the next season