• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cameras at Cricket Matches

jon1the1

Cricket Spectator
Hi All,

I'm after some information regarding taking cameras to cricket matches.

I own a SLR with a fairly sizable lens... (Not a camera i'd keep in my pocket) and want to know if i'm allowed to take it to a cricket match.

I have tickets to the 20/20 Eng NZ game in June and I'd love to take some pictures at this match but don't fancy getting thrown out for using it.

I have taken this to Football grounds before and been told in some that i cannot use it and others that i can.

Anyone know if this is allowed or not at Cricket?

Thanks for you comments

Jon.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi All,

I'm after some information regarding taking cameras to cricket matches.

I own a SLR with a fairly sizable lens... (Not a camera i'd keep in my pocket) and want to know if i'm allowed to take it to a cricket match.

I have tickets to the 20/20 Eng NZ game in June and I'd love to take some pictures at this match but don't fancy getting thrown out for using it.

I have taken this to Football grounds before and been told in some that i cannot use it and others that i can.

Anyone know if this is allowed or not at Cricket?

Thanks for you comments

Jon.
Yes you can take cameras to all cricket grounds.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Would be interesting to see the result if I brought my lens into a test match and sat with the spectators.. Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed because that would defeat the object of having a press pass?

jon1the1

Cricket Spectator
Would be interesting to see the result if I brought my lens into a test match and sat with the spectators.. Pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed because that would defeat the object of having a press pass?
Thats exactly what i was thinking... though many places don't care, i'm just unsure about cricket.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well a press pass actually gets you onto the ground and into positions where you can get better ground level shots I thought.

Don't see why it'd be a problem but I guess you can ring them beforehand and ask them what the deal is.

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have a similar question. I am going to Trent Bridge on Sunday to see a day of the England v New Zealand Test, and I would like to take some pictures with my mobile phone and my small digital camera. I very much doubt this would not be allowed, but I want to make sure.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I have a similar question. I am going to Trent Bridge on Sunday to see a day of the England v New Zealand Test, and I would like to take some pictures with my mobile phone and my small digital camera. I very much doubt this would not be allowed, but I want to make sure.
Would definitely be allowed.. No way they can police it either.. Yeah they might be able to ban you from smiling or carrying an inflatable hammer in, but you can take photos..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No one will care.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeh I highly doubt a digital camera would be prohibited...actually at day three of the England vs New Zealand Napier test they encouraged people to go out into the outfield at the lunch break and inspect the pitch, take photos from the middle, etc. :)