• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 12th - 18th May 2008

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The CW Awards Team

Position vacant (Milestones)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
Son Of Coco (Skull)

All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net. PLEASE NOMINATE guys, we judges don’t read every thread and it’s easy to miss hugely worthy stuff.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: no Award this week, I must apologise, but Akhil has been very busy with exams. Afridis will return next week.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: SJS for this, says Sean: you can learn more from this poster then anyone else on the site, always read threads with "SJS" at the last-post-by and threads with "SJS" at the bottom.

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one-liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: Mr Mxzyptlk for this. Tee hee.

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winners are: Manee and Burgey, the claims of the former were irresistable, but having had the latter as a runner-up twice in the last week and seen yet another prolific week just gone, I really had to make some recognition, so I've gone for a rare joint award. Good stuff to both of you guys.

The Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week)
Will he ever live down that “I intend to make them grovel” prediction re- the West Indies in ‘76?
And the Winner is: Mr Mxyzptlk for this, good job it was fairly in jest I guess.

The Inzamam Award (Vaguest post of the week)
We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows.
And the Winner is: Mr Mxyzptlk, a distinctly strange, and most out-of-character, week for this prolific poster. Of particular concern were this this and this, as well as this from another forum not usually considered but brought in here as secondary evidence.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: Halfpast_Yellow, truly, for one who posts so rarely, it is such a shame. I imagine I'm not alone in those (probably relatively small in number) who've read your posts who wish you'd join us a bit more. That avatar is damn confusing with Pratyush and altoz sporting the same thing though. :confused:

The Marsh/Lillee Award (Best prediction of the week)
They took 500/1 against England winning after following-on, and won, um lost.
And the Winner is: Richard for this, no, no, not one to blow my own trumpet, me. :happy: Someone was stupid enough to take-up my offer, though, and will soon be suffering for't.

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week)
After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen.
And the Winner is: Richard for this, prolific week for this poster eh?

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The CW Awards Team

Position vacant (Milestones)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
Son Of Coco (Skull)
Richard,

Please check your mail box

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Three awards. My finest moment. I think I've won a couple others, back when there were Bradmans. :cool:

Ftr, a couple of those so-called random posts were inspired by the Channel 5 highlights that I was watching at the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Three awards. My finest moment. I think I've won a couple others, back when there were Bradmans. :cool:
There still are FTR, just I'm not posting "And the Winner is: no Award this week" every time an Award is not given, it's just a waste of space. And the Bradman is a rare Award, only given to someone whose contribution has been truly phenomenal the previous week.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Of course, there is no such problem when loads of people sport a Bewitched avatar. :p
Nah, I know there are. I find that amusing though. :D

I don't mind the Knight Riders thing TBH. It's mildly amusing too. Just means I have to check the posting-ID more carefully than usual.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winners are: Manee and Burgey, the claims of the former were irresistable, but having had the latter as a runner-up twice in the last week and seen yet another prolific week just gone, I really had to make some recognition, so I've gone for a rare joint award. Good stuff to both of you guys.
:cool: Thanks

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OK, we welcome two new Awards Judges - SJS and Xavier Rose(boy64). To judge, respectively, the Agarkar\Mohammed and the Jeff Thomson. Xavier will also be compiling Milestones.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK, we welcome two new Awards Judges - SJS and Xavier Rose(boy64). To judge, respectively, the Agarkar\Mohammed and the Jeff Thomson. Xavier will also be compiling Milestones.
I thought someone had volunteered to do the Frog In A Blender award as well

Athlai

Not Terrible
Award: Jeetan Patel

For the poster trying the hardest every week but not quite getting there. (Youthful enthusiasm required)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually I guess we could incorporate Patel into the Agarkar\Mohammed, if you could manage to get a few more people following the JPAS. Agarkar and Mohammed have had to earn it through their fanboys on CW (Marc Robbins and Sean Bennett respectively) garnering a massive following - it can't be done just on one person plugging the case.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Do you know something we don't about old Garfield?