• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 12th - 18th May 2008

Athlai

Not Terrible
Actually I guess we could incorporate Patel into the Agarkar\Mohammed, if you could manage to get a few more people following the JPAS. Agarkar and Mohammed have had to earn it through their fanboys on CW (Marc Robbins and Sean Bennett respectively) garnering a massive following - it can't be done just on one person plugging the case.
I said Jeetan Patel damn it. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, Honest and ss's "congrats to all winners :)" and "dire" (respectively) posts are parts of the Awards which are now essential viewing and unthinkable to part from.

Honest hasn't missed-out the last 3 weeks either BTW. He was straight back in immediately the Awards were restarted. I'd expect nothing less either.

Last edited:

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Thanks, not exactly sure which posts made you all feel I was reasonably knowledgeable this week, but it's nice to have a CW award :happy:

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
On second thoughts (and on checking up) Richard you got to be kidding.

This is not a commentary on the quality of halfpastyellow's posts (intriguing name I must say) but during the week in question he posted a grand total of two posts !

In the IPL discussion thread on 17th May

Sums up just how important mental toughness is in sport. All the whispers point to excellent morale in the Jaipur camp and poor morale and management in the Bangalore camp. Pure player ability plays second fiddle to these sorts of considerations.

and in the New Zealand in England thread on 18th

Southee has bowled 3 overs. Why, pray tell me, was he played in this test over Mason/O'Brien again?

Seems like the NZ selectors have been influenced a bit too much by media hype. Unusual really, they've usually been good at ignoring the tripe that gets dished up over selection.

Are you sure , Richard ??

FRAZ

International Captain
Hi ! It's good to have awards !
Congratulations to all the winners . I hope that they will keep it up and watch out guys , the awards are getting more and more exciting .
Ciao
A fan of awards !

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
On second thoughts (and on checking up) Richard you got to be kidding.

This is not a commentary on the quality of halfpastyellow's posts (intriguing name I must say) but during the week in question he posted a grand total of two posts !

Are you sure , Richard ??
It's possible that I was counting posts which were a day or two out. I've done that once or twice, and so have others - it's inevitable from time to time.

Quality is not an essential ingredient for the Sir Geoffrey Award, however. Yes, more than 2 posts would generally be expected, and as I say I probably allowed a day or two to overlap.

But I've given Sir Geoffreys to people who've barely posted in the week in question before now.