• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This should be Interesting

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
C.C.U.S.A. is staging a 3-day Cricket extravaganza called "MAQ T20" International Cricket Tournament '08. The Tournament will be played in the brand new 71 million dollar Cricket Stadium in sunny South Florida. It is the first ever state of the art Cricket Stadium in the U.S.A. located at Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill, Florida.

http://www.cricketcouncilusa.com/MaqT20/Introduction.aspx?MaqT20Id=1

I am actually going to be in Miami around that time and will post some pics. There are some well known names out of the four teams.

Javed Miandad
Richie Richardson
Franklin Rose
Brighton Watamba
Mohammed Azharuddin
Faisal Iqbal
Imran Farhat
Imran Nazir
Hasan Raza
Mohammad Sami
Yasir Hameed

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
There'll be plenty of this if the ICL players are banned forever. Like a nomadic bunch of Pakistanis trotting around the globe for bits of cash.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
In India we call it "Behti Ganga mein haath dhona"

...Washing one's hands in the flowing Ganges :)

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
no point in building a 20,000+ capacity stadium in the US, so that probably explains the smallish size. not to mention, citizens of that part of florida got pretty upset that tax money went to pay for a stadium for a sport they probably have never seen before...

Slifer

International Captain
I'll be there. I live about 20 minutes from the stadium. And btw speaking for south floridians, the facility is not just for cricket it is a multi purpose facility for cricket and other sporting/media events.