• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New SCG Hill Grandstand - who's name should it carry?

Who should the new SCG grandstand be named after?

• Alan Davidson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charlie Macartney

• Arthur Morris

• Billy Murdoch

• Charles Turner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SCG Trust Chairman, Mr Rodney Cavalier, said the name will be chosen from the NSW Team Of The Century which was announced by Cricket NSW last year.

The NSW Team of the Century was (in alphabetical order) Richie Benaud, Don Bradman, Alan Davidson, Ray Lindwall, Charlie Macartney, Arthur Morris, Billy Murdoch, Bill O'Reilly, Bob Simpson, Victor Trumper, Charles Turner and Steve Waugh.

Obviously O'Reilly and Bradman each have a stand named in their honour already, so it won't be them.

Here's a little sketch I put together of the ground as it will look once the stand is finished:

Who do you think the new stand should be named after?

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In a fit of originality, I thought it should be named after Hill...

:sleep:
It would actually be a good idea to call a stand built on the old hill "The Sydney Hill Stand". People will ask who's Sydney Hill? I fear many of the younger generation will also ask "Who's Billy Murdoch?" if it were to be named after him.

Craig

World Traveller
It would actually be a good idea to call a stand built on the old hill "The Sydney Hill Stand". People will ask who's Sydney Hill? I fear many of the younger generation will also ask "Who's Billy Murdoch?" if it were to be named after him.
*Shudders*

It will get named after Richie Benaud IMO.

bond21

Banned
wtf 3 people voted for nick knight...its a Sydney ground, they arent going to name it after a pom...

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
wtf 3 people voted for nick knight...its a Sydney ground, they arent going to name it after a pom...
The cretin awakes again.

Anyway, it should probably be Benaud.

Good to hear that they're naming it after a player, rather than selling naming rights to the highest bidder. At least we won't see it called the Skilled Stand or something equally wretched.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I understand there is the possibility of naming it after both Waughs - would be a good idea.

Poor old Dean gets ****ed over again, though. :(