• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Fast Bowler's fast Bowlers

smash84

The Tiger King
I think Imran Khan was interviewed to give some comments on this WI quicks of the 80s and the movie

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Great pice by Imran, love what he said about Holding. My only issue with Holding was that he could never remain healthy and so could not always be relied apon.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Is SJS still active anywhere? I remember him not being well at some point.
Pertaining to his original point, I'm a terrible driver and don't mind admitting it. How bad or not a judge of fast bowlers I am I would never admit it. :censored:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is SJS still active anywhere? I remember him not being well at some point.
Pertaining to his original point, I'm a terrible driver and don't mind admitting it. How bad or not a judge of fast bowlers I am I would never admit it. :censored:
Hi

Hi LT

I am very active but sadly not on CW anymore . . . and I really miss it.

What keeps me busy and happy are my travels, photography, reading and visiting my grandchildren . . . in that order. Of course there is the mundane side of life but I do not include them for that is not necessarily what keeps me happy ;)

I am sorry but I do not remember what it was that pertained to your driving . . . but I guess it does not matter after all these years.

Hope this does reach you

PS : I am absolutely fit and in good health not just for my age (70 next birthday) but even if I was much younger. Haven't had any major health issues for many many years . . . the last was when a routine annual health check up showed up a possible blockage in my heart . Further examination showed that was true and had two stents put in in 2012.

Never missed a heart beat since :)

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Hi

Hi LT

I am very active but sadly not on CW anymore . . . and I really miss it.

What keeps me busy and happy are my travels, photography, reading and visiting my grandchildren . . . in that order. Of course there is the mundane side of life but I do not include them for that is not necessarily what keeps me happy ;)

I am sorry but I do not remember what it was that pertained to your driving . . . but I guess it does not matter after all these years.

Hope this does reach you

PS : I am absolutely fit and in good health not just for my age (70 next birthday) but even if I was much younger. Haven't had any major health issues for many many years . . . the last was when a routine annual health check up showed up a possible blockage in my heart . Further examination showed that was true and had two stents put in in 2012.

Never missed a heart beat since :)
Hi SJS.

I'm glad you're well. I don't get on CW much anymore either. I don't love cricket like I used to. The game moves on and that's great, but I don't enjoy it as much. An Ashes summer used to be great. You could plan which days to attend and meet up with people and even take weekend breaks and do other things around the cricket. These days an Ashes series is dumped into a six week period in the autumn. Anyone who thinks playing Test Cricket in England in mid September is a good idea is insane. Whilst it's true it's possible to be seen as a grumpy old git living in the past, it's also true that progress doesn't always mean improvement (as is proven by the removal of fingerprint ID on the iPhone X :)).

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Folks particularly the older members.

I am looking for a thread in which I posted a series of long posts about why I thought that the performances of Gavaskar, a great batsman without any doubt, were a bit exaggerated . . . and then I gave series wise analysis of his entire career.

I have been looking for that for a few days but am unable to locate it.

I have forgotten how to use the search link and am struggling.

Does anyone remember that bit (older people just might remember for it raised quite some controversy) . . . or any ideas on how I should go about it. I am not sure if the thread was started by me or someone else :(