• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket (or lack thereof)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Really I do not think Bangladesh could last 50 overs on a green seamer or a slow pitch up in Dublin leave alone long enough to to build a real test innings.

As far as Bangladesh and Increasingly Kenya and Ireland are concerned I am really concerned that they are getting stuck in the gulf between the less viable HPP countries like Canada and Bermuda and true test class. Something need to be done to bridge that gap.

Consider this article by Martin Williamson.

Back on topic it seems that money is taking an unholy and unacceptably big role in determining who tours where hence an overkill in Aus-Ind and Ind-Pak,and to a small extent Ind-Eng matches and a shortage of available tours for less fashionable destinations like Bangladesh for instance.

Will come back and elaborate further ( I am hungry and need a snack)....

Right so where was I ? Unfortunately for Pakistan events political and otherwise have made them unfashionable to the gravy trains that are of th Australia, India and England tours for the moment and if this is not resolved sooner rather than later then their stock will fade so far that even in the most peaceful circumstances they will struggle to regain the leverage on the market place that is International cricket which is why their people need to make every opportunity to make the Champions trophy and the Asia Cup hits.

BTW I just have to highlight this little piece on Zimbabwe's woes that came out on cricinfo. For the record if these are the deperate circumstance that are needed to prevail upon Zimbabwean cricket for them to even seriously consider touring Kenya then if they do agree to a return series I hope Tikolo and co give them them a good and proper hiding...
Pretty gun post there mate.