• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Welcome.....

V Reddy

International Debutant
Eyes, isn't it the non-striker who is out? Steve is saying that both batsman reached the batting or striker's end at the same time and the ball hit the bowler's end. Since the batsman didn't cross each other but returned to the crease at the same time, isn't the non-striker out since the striker didn't cross the non-striker and they both got to the striker 's crease at the same time.As far as i know , the bowler's end is the non-striker's until he crosses the striker and since they didn't cross but went at the same pace towards batsman's end , i think it should be the non-striker who should be out. It all too confusing:duh:

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Vishnureddy,
That's what I thought after the fact.... Of course, that means I made the wrong call... Precisely why I asked the question. Fortunately, the way our guys play the game, no one argues with them umpire, so my decision stood:saint:
Now, if we could only get rid of all the rain we're supposed to have here this weekend....

Steve

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
vishnureddy said:
Eyes, isn't it the non-striker who is out? Steve is saying that both batsman reached the batting or striker's end at the same time and the ball hit the bowler's end. Since the batsman didn't cross each other but returned to the crease at the same time, isn't the non-striker out since the striker didn't cross the non-striker and they both got to the striker 's crease at the same time.As far as i know , the bowler's end is the non-striker's until he crosses the striker and since they didn't cross but went at the same pace towards batsman's end , i think it should be the non-striker who should be out. It all too confusing:duh:

WOAH! My head is spinning...!!

I think Vish is correct but I just can't picture it in my head to know for sure.

Give them both out and have two new batsmen to the crease to save the confusion!! :P

If only it were that easy!!

Eyes

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
After another say 2 years , id be more than glad to come play for your club for free , for some different experience playing cricket in america , and checking the country out and also helping the other boys there with anything cricket related , like stuff ive gathered of here of good coaches and good coaching manuals etc

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Lord of Darkness... (interesting moniker..),
Tri-City CC would be happy to have you on board.... We've never had a New Zealander on the club.... That would give me a chance to hang our New Zealand flag during a match... (We like to adorn the chain link fence on one boundary with the flags of native countries of each of our players.... Right now, we regularly hang the British flag, India, Pakistan, Guyana, Jamaica, Kenya, Australia, South Africa (although we haven't heard from any Aussies or South Africans yet this year...but they've played with us in the past), Barbados and, of course, the American flag...).

Eyes,
I LIKE your suggestion...! I wish I had thought of that at the time... Sorry to get your head spinning..

Steve

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
That's what I love about Umpiring Steve...always keeps you on your toes...

If you ever want an Aussie ump to come over, whether it's to train your own umps or to umpire a game....let me know...I'd be delighted to do it!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I'll be over that way in 2007 for the World Cup which will be in the West Indies...maybe we could arrange something for then??

TriCitySteve

TriCity Moderator
Eyes,
That would be great! Keep us in mind. I'm going to head over to my captain's house to watch the WI-Australia match right now... Good typing to ya!

Hoooroo, onya!!

Steve

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
TriCitySteve said:

<snip>
Right now, we regularly hang the British flag, India, Pakistan, Guyana, Jamaica, Kenya, Australia, South Africa (although we haven't heard from any Aussies or South Africans yet this year...but they've played with us in the past), Barbados and, of course, the American flag...).
<snip>

Steve :

Your missing Aussies/Proteas - have you checked the bars?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sounds great , I can see cricket taking off there, especially with guys like you promoting it in US schools.. And maybe with some world cup 2007 games in the US....

Im a bit of a baseball nut, losely follow the St.Louis Cards and looking for a baseball club in the UK, but thats even more minority than cricket in america :(