• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who are you following in the IPL?

Which team are you following in the IPL?

• Total voters

DJellett

International Debutant
Interested to see who people are chosing to follow in the IPL and why; and if there is a clear favourite team.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't say I am really a close follower of the IPL as I am mostly a follower of the Rajasthan Royals, because of Warne and Watson.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me though Mumbai Indians as my parents are from there and as a "second team" Chennai because I love watching some of their lesser known players like Badri and Raina.

DJellett

International Debutant
Went for Kolkata myself, for a number of reasons;

1. love their uniform
2. love Shahrukh Khan's enthusiasm
3. have a seemingly strong list of players
4. nothing else like Eden Gardens when it's jumping
5. their matches seem to have such energy...the players, Shahrukh Khan, the crowd...everything just seems intense.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah I remember at the start a lot of people jumped onto the KKR bandwagon. Back home I know a ot of people supported them because their name was so hilarious.

There were lots of Bangalore fans because they wanted to see a more "pure" brand of cricket win out and a lot of Royals for Warnie.

DJellett

International Debutant
Yeah I remember at the start a lot of people jumped onto the KKR bandwagon. Back home I know a ot of people supported them because their name was so hilarious.

There were lots of Bangalore fans because they wanted to see a more "pure" brand of cricket win out and a lot of Royals for Warnie.
Ah yes, also for the cheesy 80's reference in the name.

Is their mascot Kit?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I support-
  • Mumbai Indians- Sachin, Sanath, Shaun and lots of locals.
  • Rajasthan Royals- This is one team where all the contributions come together and add up nicely, and have some useful prospects for India.
  • Kings XI Punjab- Several India players alongside some capable internationals.
  • Delhi Daredevils- Lots of locals coming through nicely, alongside McGrath, Vettori and Maharoof.
I find the other teams a little skinny, and one, just plain evil.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
i support:

-kolkata - Ganguly is my hero
-Punjab - I really like Pathan, Yuvi, Sreesanth, and Punjab is my adopted homeland
-hyderabad - like the uniforms, Rohit Sharma, Gilly.

absolutely hate Chennai and Bangalore.

haroon510

International 12th Man
deccan chargers..my type of cricket..fun cricket.. purly cuz of Shahid khan afridi, Adam Gilchrist, rohit sharma, Andrew symonds and afew other big hitters..

pasag

RTDAS
Bangalore and Rajasthan, but mainly the Australian players specifically (from those remaining) Warne, McGrath and Watson.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Bangalore and Hyderabad (now that Symonds has left) as its where my parents are from.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mumbai because its my home town for last two decades and Delhi because that was the one for the first three and a half :)

ret

International Debutant
1. Mumbai Indians

2. [in no particular order] Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils and Kings Punjab