• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Kitply Cup (India and Pakistan in Bangladesh)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He has a long long way to go before he gets nywhere near the Indian ODI outfit...i know India recently beat the the Aussies with a young team,but this is really pushing it to the limits..one should not get carried away:)
Agree with this. Kohli is a magnificent talent but has done very little above the U-19 level. Raina and Badri are both miles above him at this moment in time. Hell, I'd even have Asnodkar ahead of him in that list too, his FC and especially his List A records give him more credibility too.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Agree with this. Kohli is a magnificent talent but has done very little above the U-19 level. Raina and Badri are both miles above him at this moment in time. Hell, I'd even have Asnodkar ahead of him in that list too, his FC and especially his List A records give him more credibility too.
indian selectors may not consider Badrinath due to his age....

that's their old habbit....:@

Lambu

U19 Debutant
you know, I would but I think Dhoni cannot blast away from ball one... But he has still got more hitting ability than perhaps most guys in our team. So playing him lesser than 5, esp. if the top 4 bat true to form and ability, would be almost like wasting him. I don't mind Badri or Raina or even Nayyar at 6 though.
But you need a finisher at no.6 which is currently being played by Utthapa who no doubt will face the axe soon.You can't have touch players like Raina and badri coming in at 6.If i was to have my way i would do what we did in the CB series..push the newbies up the order and keep Yuvi and MSD at 5 and 6 resptively.So that is..1.Sachin 2.Gambhir 3.Rohit 4.Badri or Raina.5.Yuvi 6.Msd 7.Pathan

never forget what happened to Rohan Gavasker when he came into the team..though he was good he always kept running out of partners.

If they want Sehwag to open they should drop a bowler and play with 4 regular bowlers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But you need a finisher at no.6 which is currently being played by Utthapa who no doubt will face the axe soon.You can't have touch players like Raina and badri coming in at 6.If i was to have my way i would do what we did in the CB series..push the newbies up the order and keep Yuvi and MSD at 5 and 6 resptively.So that is..1.Sachin 2.Gambhir 3.Rohit 4.Badri or Raina.5.Yuvi 6.Msd 7.Pathan

never forget what happened to Rohan Gavasker when he came into the team..though he was good he always kept running out of partners.

If they want Sehwag to open they should drop a bowler and play with 4 regular bowlers.
It depends, really.. We will still have Pathan and Harbhajan/Piyush and Praveen down the order, so maybe we can push those guys up to play that role if we bat first ahead of Badri/Raina/Nayyar... But if there is a collapse, these guys will be more than capable of handling it and I think they have hitting abilities too. Not like they cant hit the big shots. Juz need to adjust to that position which I think they will do, if they get a decent run.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this just for the sake of blooding new players or do you think Gony is better than Pathan, Sree and co?
I was just mentioning young players who have done well in the IPL. However, I believe that Gony is a better ODI prospect than RP Singh and slightly better than Sreesanth. However, Sreesanth's knack for taking ODI wickets cannot be ignored.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Kumar as a reserve? He did well in Australia, but I read somewhere that they only selected him so that he would not defer to the ICL, does anyone know more about this?
I am not sure about his selection deliberately preventing him from joining ICL, but he was going to join the ICL and his selection did prevent it.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I was just mentioning young players who have done well in the IPL. However, I believe that Gony is a better ODI prospect than RP Singh and slightly better than Sreesanth. However, Sreesanth's knack for taking ODI wickets cannot be ignored.
Fair point, but other than putting them into the spotlight, only serious short-comings in the team, the inclusion of these players should be listened. Although Gony would be one of the first to mention. Also bare in mind, that India have just come from a tri-series win in Australia where Dhoni championed youth. No point in flooding it with youngsters when the young 'uns ATM are clearly capable.

I am not sure about his selection deliberately preventing him from joining ICL, but he was going to join the ICL and his selection did prevent it.
Coincidence? :unsure:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Fancy Pakistan taking this. Indian players notably Dhoni look world weary and are carrying knocks whilst some of the Pakistani players have had a relatively decent rest and should be up for it.
Be nice if Asif was fit for alongside Tanvir, Gul and Arafat, that’s a pretty good one day attack, especially if you chuck in the likes of Afridi and Malik.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Zaheer - not fit for the test series before IPL, not fit for the series after IPL but fit for all the games in IPL.

What a joke really, I now understand why his commitment to the team has been questioned for so long.

Jonty Lathwal

U19 Debutant
Zaheer - not fit for the test series before IPL, not fit for the series after IPL but fit for all the games in IPL.

What a joke really, I now understand why his commitment to the team has been questioned for so long.
i agree too.....

some problem inside..

Indian media has no news till now.....