• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Awards for 5-11th May 2008

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The CW Awards Team

Position vacant (Milestones)
Richard (Sir Geoffrey, Inzamam, Saj, Sobers & Bradman)
archie mac (Warne & Gatting-v-Rana)
adharcric (Afridi & Hussey)
Son Of Coco (Skull)
Positions vacant: Agarkar/Mohammed, Jimmy Adams, & FIAB

All Awards nominations to be sent to cwawards@cricketmail.net. PLEASE NOMINATE guys, we judges don’t read every thread and it’s easy to miss hugely worthy stuff.

I'd like to reintroduce the A\M, Jimmy and FIAB Awards, and also a Jeff Thomson Award for "whooooooooosh", but it won't be possible unless someone volunteers to judge them. So if you fancy it – this very much includes those who’ve judged them in the past – please email me at RJED2@AOL.com confirming your interest.

Best Of The Best

The Shahid Afridi Award (Best post of the week)
Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long to be great viewing.
And the Winner is: SJS for this, so difficult to sum-up the achievements of this player to those ill-educated on the matter, and this demonstrates it perfectly.

The Shane Warne Award (Best thread of the week)
Like his bowling it must be interesting, but just like his private life it can also be controversial.
And the Winner is: Craig for this, a good window into the changing face of modern cricket, interesting thread to read.

The Skull Award (Funniest post of the week)
Just like the king of the one-liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious.
And the Winner is: bagapath for this, I’m still not totally sure how serious this one was. :unsure:

The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week)
The true all-rounder of CW, you must be able to contribute to a number of threads.
And the Winner is: SJS, 23 threads last week, an effort indeed, but not much of a surprise either. Again, honourable mention given to Burgey, just pipped at the post the last couple of weeks.

The Inzamam Award (Vaguest post of the week)
We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows.
And the Winner is: Lillian Thomson for this. :wacko: Thanks for the suggestion Arjun.

The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week)
We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he knew twice as much as Richie.
And the Winner is: subshakerz, posts so little, but pretty much always quality. Hope to see more. :thumbup1:

Please remember, these Awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just pipped again. I dunno, I can't do much more. Busting my ass here....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The Agarkar/Mohammed Award ('At least they’re trying' award)
Just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them.

The Jimmy Adams Award (Best stating-the-obvious post of the week)
After Jimmy's commentary performance with Sky on the England-West Indies series in 2007, where he repeatedly offered a perfect description of exactly what we'd just seen on the screen.

The FIAB Award (Most random and completely out-of-place post of the week)
Just like Paul "Frog In A Blender" Adams, very bizarre and invoking the sentiments "haha, what on Earth?"