• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA Tickets, LORDS Day 1

slackhammond

Cricket Spectator
I have 2 tickets for Thur 10th July Day 1 Lords v SA through the ECB supporters club, and cannot attend due to a change in my work plans. Does anyone want to swap for any other day of that test, or failing that, purchase at face value (157.20 the pair)?
Many thanks, Jeff

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
haha could get them elsewhere for cheaper, the value you have placed on them is waay too high, my ticket to the first day of the 2005 ashes cost less than that.

slackhammond

Cricket Spectator
thanks for that! As I said, that's the face value I paid the minute they were released by the ECB on Ticketmaster on Feb 18th. Please do go elsewhere.

slackhammond

Cricket Spectator
Lords Tickets

They're in the Compton stand. The seats I had for Day 1 of the recent NZ Lords test were Row 4 Upper Compton which is just to the right of the media centre at the Nursery end - a wide long on to a right hander batting at the Pavillion end. Upper Compton is directly over Lower Compton, so Row 4 is very close to the boundary and just a few feet off the ground. It was a great view. I bought these 2 first, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be even closer. The ECB send them out 2-3 weeks before the match, so I don't have them yet.
Thanks for your interest.

Langeveldt

Soutie
haha, ticket prices in England are a disgrace.. Guess everyone should go and watch it on TV instead, oh you can't unless you have sky..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
William Buckland, a management consultant, recently released a report on English cricket. One of many salient passages contained mentioned how...
... the ECB's strategy recently has been to deny access to the England team for the majority in order to raise the price paid by the minority

kiwiinabd

Cricket Spectator
They're in the Compton stand. The seats I had for Day 1 of the recent NZ Lords test were Row 4 Upper Compton which is just to the right of the media centre at the Nursery end - a wide long on to a right hander batting at the Pavillion end. Upper Compton is directly over Lower Compton, so Row 4 is very close to the boundary and just a few feet off the ground. It was a great view. I bought these 2 first, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be even closer. The ECB send them out 2-3 weeks before the match, so I don't have them yet.
Thanks for your interest.
Slackhammond,

Can you email me at kiwiinabd@yahoo.co.uk

thanks
kiwi

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody hell. That's obscene prices. They've sky rocketed in the 3 years since I've returned to NZ.

Puts the cost of all five days of the Basin Reserve test in perspective. That cost about a quarter of the price of a single day at Lord's.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Supply and demand ennit. Not gonna get any cheaper when they can still sell 'em out.
True, It fails me how you can get 10,000+ people paying over 50 pounds for a ticket at the cricket.. Makes me even more disgusted at the lack of crowds we get in SA when a ticket costs about as much as a few pints of beer..