• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hoggard or Sidebottom

Who's better?

• Total voters

andmark

International Captain
The questions has just came across my mind. I'm not sure who. Hoggard is constantly in and out of the England team, meanwhil Ryan Sidebottom in the same team consistantly. But Matthew Hogaard's figures speake for itself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Who should be picked first at this moment in time? Sidebottom by a considerable margin.

Who has so far had the best Test career? Hoggard by a similarly considerable margin.

The shame is that Sidebottom was such a late developer. Hoggard-Sidebottom-Flintoff-MSP in the right conditions is one hell of a bowling-attack.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Who should be picked first at this moment in time? Sidebottom by a considerable margin.

Who has so far had the best Test career? Hoggard by a similarly considerable margin.

The shame is that Sidebottom was such a late developer. Hoggard-Sidebottom-Flintoff-MSP in the right conditions is one hell of a bowling-attack.
yeah concur with all that. At the moment Sidebottom should stay in the side, Hoggard though a good servant to the side over the years isnt worthy of ousting Sidebottom at this stage.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Want to see Sid-Hoggy-Broad-Monty on Thursday. Yeah, an express pace bowler would be nice, but I reckon that even in as warm a May as this has been, the two swing bowlers and Broad are the way to go.

FBU

International Debutant
You would have expected Hoggard to get some top order wickets against NZ in the Lions game.