• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stop talking to players during innings

Debris

International 12th Man
One of the things I really hate about T20 is talking to players in the middle of an innings. It has got to the point that I have to change channels until they stop it.

It is usually exceptionally dull (if not outright embarassing) and usually just takes away from any possible enjoyment of the game. I thought that the IPL had done away with it but it seems to be creeping back in. :@

Does anyone actually like this?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
One of the things I really hate about T20 is talking to players in the middle of an innings. It has got to the point that I have to change channels until they stop it.

It is usually exceptionally dull (if not outright embarassing) and usually just takes away from any possible enjoyment of the game. I thought that the IPL had done away with it but it seems to be creeping back in. :@

Does anyone actually like this?
Just change channels and be done with it. There's always repeats of Batman on somewhere and you know what's going to happen in that as well.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree and disagree. Agreed from my point of view, as unless the player has some sort of entertainment value (i.e. a Gilchrist), I don't actually think the player interviews add much value to the coverage. In saying that, some of the time its interesting to see whats happening out in the middle, obviously providing that the player is prepared to discuss the progress openly.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
To me it just seems hard to believe that the players are taking the game seriously and are concentrating when they're willing to have a chat in the middle of play.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
To me it just seems hard to believe that the players are taking the game seriously and are concentrating when they're willing to have a chat in the middle of play.
Well after all, 20-20 is a serious game, they tell us. ;)

bond21

Banned
It was good in Australia...sucks in India.

They get boring commentators talking to boring distracted players which makes for a dull experience.

Gilchrist and Symonds are the only ones that have done it that were good. I liked how Gilchrist commentated and Symonds got hit for a six and goes "I hate this game"

lol hilarious. Indians with broken english talking to indian or west indian commentators really doesnt interest me whatsoever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ind33d, don't care for Twenty20 as all know, and such "casualness" is one of the many reasons.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well not quite, but there are things that would take the place.

Watching grass grow, for example. Though not sitting atop a wardrobe with headphones on which are connected to nothing.

stumpski

International Captain

If you change channels, how will you know when they've stopped? :huh:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

They get boring commentators talking to boring distracted players which makes for a dull experience.

Gilchrist and Symonds are the only ones that have done it that were good. I liked how Gilchrist commentated and Symonds got hit for a six and goes "I hate this game"

lol hilarious. Indians with broken english talking to indian or west indian commentators really doesnt interest me whatsoever.
As much as it pains me. I AWTA.

stumpski

International Captain
I would turn the sound down, and put some music on personally, but it does make it harder to concentrate on the match, especially if you're on CW as well. :)

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Tbh I'm shocked someone like you, who enjoys taking a dig at anything remotely Indian would even watch an IPL match.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, absolutely painful, along with the other gimmicks that support the format. Surely if it's a serious contest, the players have better things to concentrate on.

bond21

Banned
Tbh I'm shocked someone like you, who enjoys taking a dig at anything remotely Indian would even watch an IPL match.
christ, what are you one of those people that shouts "RACIST!!" when someone calls a black man a black man?

Also Flem you know you would agree if someone else posted what I just did, dont deny it, give in to your hatred, give in to the dark side.

btw i call it how i see it, i think Gilchrist and Symonds are better at chatting with commentators than the people they talk to in India..maybe because our commentators ask more varied questions than "What will be the IDEAL toTAL?"(grammatically edited to sound like Ian Bishop)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think this aspect of the T20 gives the lie to the oft repeated claim that the modern game is more professional than it used to be. Its impossible for a player's focus on the game not to be disturbed by this. Professionalism has nothing to do with the amount of money a player is making from the game.