• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stop talking to players during innings

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, I expected this to be another "ban sledging" thread, taken to the ultimate extreme. :p

I haven't watched any of the IPL, but some of the miked-up blokes over here were occasionally good value. Generally the older blokes who've done a bit of commentary anyway: Chris Adams & Dom Cork are always entertaining (especially when Bumble is asking the questions) and Bob Key has a surprisingly dry wit too.

jeevan

International 12th Man
It was good in Australia...sucks in India.

They get boring commentators talking to boring distracted players which makes for a dull experience.

Gilchrist and Symonds are the only ones that have done it that were good. I liked how Gilchrist commentated and Symonds got hit for a six and goes "I hate this game"

lol hilarious. Indians with broken english talking to indian or west indian commentators really doesnt interest me whatsoever.
IPL operates on this $cale because of the folks who listen to and speak 'broken English'. (not to mention that it is after all an Indian domestic league).

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
christ, what are you one of those people that shouts "RACIST!!" when someone calls a black man a black man?

Also Flem you know you would agree if someone else posted what I just did, dont deny it, give in to your hatred, give in to the dark side.

btw i call it how i see it, i think Gilchrist and Symonds are better at chatting with commentators than the people they talk to in India..maybe because our commentators ask more varied questions than "What will be the IDEAL toTAL?"(grammatically edited to sound like Ian Bishop)
I'm one of the most un-PC people you'll ever find but it's clear to me that you have a strong dislike (to say the least) for anything remotely Indian. You're an utter mong if you don't think your posts up untill this point in time indicate this.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I'm one of the most un-PC people you'll ever find but it's clear to me that you have a strong dislike (to say the least) for anything remotely Indian. You're an utter mong if you don't think your posts up untill this point in time indicate this.
I wouldn't say it's Indian, per se. Just anything that isn't Australian.

bond21

Banned
whatever un PC means but whatever..

If you think i dislike indians, thats your business not mine. I couldnt care less what you think.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The worst thing by far about watching Rajasthan has been having to listen to Dimitri Mascarenhas spout absolute crap about how huge the IPL is in England and other such rubbish.

Thank God he's off home after today.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Umar Gul talking in the dugout during KKR Vs DD match was one of the most painful things I have ever heard. He would place an "errr..." after every word and listening closely to what he was saying - he was avoiding the question and making no sense whatsoever.

Only two other interviews come close to being as painful to the ears:
  • Ishant Sharma after a CB match in Australia - Ishant's voice, nuff said.
  • Munaf Patel after a man of the match performance (in West Indies IIRC), wherein the only English words he used were "line and length" and "Greg Chappell" which he repeated several dozen times with no other words used in what can only be described as some sort of robotic jabbering.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Umar Gul talking in the dugout during KKR Vs DD match was one of the most painful things I have ever heard. He would place an "errr..." after every word and listening closely to what he was saying - he was avoiding the question and making no sense whatsoever.
Can't remember OTOH, but something tells me I remember Gul's English being not all that good.

If so, pretty careless to talk to someone in a language they are not fluent in in the hope of good viewing(\listening). :wacko: