• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New NZ coach

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
With Denis Aberhart finishing as NZ coach after the Sri Lankan tour there have been several names being thrown into the hat.

The 1st one that comes to mind is John Wright & it is well known that at some stage he'd like to coach NZ but he has just signed another extension with India so that rules him out for awhile yet.

John Bracewell recently applied to coach Sri Lanka, but he pulled out partly because the NZ job was around the corner & in a radio interview he said it was his main goal to coach NZ.
I think he'd be a good candidate because he's been quite a successful coach for Glouc's.

Steve Rixon has been reported today in the paper as being another candidate. Rixon was perhaps the reason why NZ are better off in cricket since his first stint back between 1996-1999. Apparently he is very keen to coach NZ again but has also reapplied to continue with NSW.
IMO I'd really like to see Steve Rixon back, he's an excellent coach & because he has developed good relationships with the players he'd have no trouble starting again.

I also just read that Denis Aberhart is keen to reapply so there are a few options but i'd say Wright & Bracewell may miss out because of their contract terms.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Well I would love to see Steve Rixon back. NZ were just starting to go good when he finished with them.

Alot of people I know think he should never have left.

anzac

International Debutant
I'd love to see Rixon back as I'm another who thinks he left just a NZ were starting to turn the corner. I also think he had something to do with the remergence of Fleming as a leader.

The big question would be what is the state of his relationship with NSW as they have just come off a fairly good season.

Braces would be interesting as he was a very aggressive character as a test player - I used to love watching some of his duels with the batsmen - he seemed to do well against AB.

:)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well if all 4 were available, NZ would be spoilt for choice because they've all been successful coaches.

If all 4 of them were available i'm pretty sure they'd go with John Wright but for me i'd really like to see Rixon have another go.