• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How do you feel about Shane Warne?

How do you feel about Shane Warne?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good wristspinner. One of the very best there's ever been at wristspin, in fact.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think he's the greatest leg spinner the world has seen, nothing more and nothing less. But his lack of success against Indian batsmen lowers his rating in my eyes.

howardj

International Coach
The best thing to happen to cricket in my lifetime.

World cricket, not just the Australian team, is much poorer without him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
From my point of view, he is the one cricketer that has done more for the game than anyone else. He's obviously a jackass, but he's just great to watch on the field.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
From my point of view, he is the one cricketer that has done more for the game than anyone else. He's obviously a jackass, but he's just great to watch on the field.
Yeah this is my view also. Obviously a pretty sad sort of person, I don't hate him but I certainly don't admire him as a personality. Not because he cheats on his wife or anything like that, just because he's a total idiot.

Absolutely fantastic player to watch though. I've never seen a player who has such a huge impact on a match simply by being part of it. Just immense. Whether he's the best leg-spinner or not, the best spinner or not, or anything else, Warne brings a lot more to the game than just his bowling ability.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Absolutely fantastic player to watch though. I've never seen a player who has such a huge impact on a match simply by being part of it. Just immense. Whether he's the best leg-spinner or not, the best spinner or not, or anything else, Warne brings a lot more to the game than just his bowling ability.
Which is why he was picked as a Cricketer Of The 20th Century, in fact. Despite the fact he's not even indisputably the best wristspinner ever, and despite the fact it'd be very easy to argue he's not even in the top 10, never mind top 2 or 3, bowlers.