• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Sreesanth?

Do you like Sreesanth?

• Total voters

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't believe there are apparently SO many people who hate the guy. Sure he talks a lot, but he's just enjoying it all, I highly doubt he means everything he says. He's a character and enjoys the moment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The lack of an irrelevant option is borderline disgraceful TBH. At least you didn't uncheck the public-poll box that Robert Cribb so kindly had ticked automatically for you.

Anyway, can't say I'm particularly fond of the guy ITBT, too OTT for my liking. That may seem hypocritical given my like of Andre Nel, but I guess I can tolerate one of the blighters, but not any more. The fact Sreesanth blatantly tried to out-Nel Nel (and ended-up totally exaggerating that too) irritated the hell out of me and things have gone from there. Though I didn't exactly take kindly to his antics as far back as his Test debut.

Never particularly rated him as a bowler either, but I come closer to doing that than I do to thinking "what a nice player to watch".

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The lack of an irrelevant option is borderline disgraceful TBH. At least you didn't uncheck the public-poll box that Robert Cribb so kindly had ticked automatically for you.

Anyway, can't say I'm particularly fond of the guy ITBT, too OTT for my liking. That may seem hypocritical given my like of Andre Nel, but I guess I can tolerate one of the blighters, but not any more. The fact Sreesanth blatantly tried to out-Nel Nel (and ended-up totally exaggerating that too) irritated the hell out of me and things have gone from there. Though I didn't exactly take kindly to his antics as far back as his Test debut.

Never particularly rated him as a bowler either, but I come closer to doing that than I do to thinking "what a nice player to watch".
1) Thought about it. But I really want to know, which is why I didn't include a 'I don't care' option either.

2) All those antics with Nel were awesome. Go drink tea.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't like tea TBH. But I like someone being a prick in Andre Nel's direction even less.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Cause he doesn't do anything to infuriate anyone at all...

You make me sick Dickinson.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh yeah, Nel infuriates loads of people. Not me tho. :) I like him. So therefore I don't really like those who try to return fire at him (especially if they do it so poorly).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bit of a mincer for mine. Can dish it out but not take it. His beamer to KP & the bouncer to Colly delivered from about two-feet over the crease last year were nothing short of disgraceful.

Now he responds to Harbhajan's love-tap with floods of tears. Obviously Harbhajan was in the wrong there, yadda, yadda, but I bet most other fast bowlers would have taken it a tad more stoically.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah don't like him. Too much drama and no performances. He is the prototypical definition of a drama queen. It wouldn't be as bad if it was just fluff, but he lets his emotion interfere his bowling too - e.g, purposefully overstepping in England, which was absolutely disgraceful. I am astonished he wasn't banned for a couple games for that. In West Indies, and then again in England, he sometimes becomes so overcome with emotion that he can't even finish his run up. In the end, he is a completely unreliable person to have in a Test team because of his emotions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
purposefully overstepping in England, which was absolutely disgraceful. I am astonished he wasn't banned for a couple games for that.
Wavell Hinds, who did something even worse (deliberately overstepped and deliberately threw, and spat at the batsman, and used abusive language) in 2005, was merely fined his entire match-fee.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wavell Hinds, who did something even worse (deliberately overstepped and deliberately threw, and spat at the batsman, and used abusive language) in 2005, was merely fined his entire match-fee.
I am not aware of that incident, but if true, he should certainly have been banned for multiple games as well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I am not aware of that incident, but if true, he should certainly have been banned for multiple games as well.
Yes, I thought so too. It was pretty disgraceful. And most on CW seemed quite unaware of the true gravity of the situation. :blink: Saying it was "good for the game".

However, Sreesanth's offence wasn't quite that bad, and after that precedent, we knew he was never going to cop a ban purely for deliberate overstepping.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is there any vdeos on youtube of that incedent Richard?
I doubt it. A stock-standard Google Video search churns-out nothing.

Virtually no-one was watching, TBH. It was at the end of one of the most listless, pointless Tests in history - a 550-plays-700 ARG bore-draw.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I find him very immature personally. As a batsman, I wouldn't be scared of him - he's about as threatening as your average 11-year-old. The tears were just hilarious, I'd have been very embarrassed if any of my players did that on the pitch.

Protean

State Regular
I'm stuck somewhere in between. Looks like a little boy so it can be quite amusing to see him go off, but he does cross the line a bit, remember seeing AB saying in a recent interview that he'd lost all respect for Sree because he got so personal. Meh, he's good for a laugh, I'll go with yes.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Looks like a tool, acts like a tool, he's an okay international bowler.. I absolutely hate the guy, nearly as bad as his petulant little mate Harbhajan.. Would love to see them involved in a non fatal road accident together..