• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Sreesanth?

Do you like Sreesanth?

• Total voters

adharcric

International Coach
That's just not right though. If he thought (mistakenly) he could get some edge on him by saying something (not abusive) or staring at him, then why shouldn't he do it? I mean, the article first says he sledged Tendulkar - then it says he followed through down the wicket and stared at him. Stared!!!!! Heaven forbid - the man should be banned!!!! Next thing it'll be fast bowlers being made to wear blinkers like race horses so they don't look the wrong way at someone.
I know Tendulkar's like everyone's favourite son or rapturous lover on here, but ffs, you mean if a bowler says something to him on the field or even looks at him, they aren't friends, or the bowler doesn't respect him?
Surely he's not above all that? Wouldn't you want a young bloke to charge in, give him a stare, say a few words if he thinks it'll work? Even if it doesn't the kid'll learn something.
Do we want people to have to bowl under arm to Tendulkar in tribute to his (undoubted) genius?
I thought I saw someone look sideways at Tendulkar once - plainly that bowler thought nothing of him, didn't like him, repect him or appreciate him at all.
Load of Bollocks.
:thumbsup:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That's just not right though. If he thought (mistakenly) he could get some edge on him by saying something (not abusive) or staring at him, then why shouldn't he do it? I mean, the article first says he sledged Tendulkar - then it says he followed through down the wicket and stared at him. Stared!!!!! Heaven forbid - the man should be banned!!!! Next thing it'll be fast bowlers being made to wear blinkers like race horses so they don't look the wrong way at someone.
I know Tendulkar's like everyone's favourite son or rapturous lover on here, but ffs, you mean if a bowler says something to him on the field or even looks at him, they aren't friends, or the bowler doesn't respect him?
Surely he's not above all that? Wouldn't you want a young bloke to charge in, give him a stare, say a few words if he thinks it'll work? Even if it doesn't the kid'll learn something.
Do we want people to have to bowl under arm to Tendulkar in tribute to his (undoubted) genius?
I thought I saw someone look sideways at Tendulkar once - plainly that bowler thought nothing of him, didn't like him, repect him or appreciate him at all.
Load of Bollocks.
That article was posted to show that something did happen in a domestic match between Tendulkar. Besides If you a third class bowler and happen to absoultly adore Tendulkar, you wouldn't go on staring Tendulkar.

And also if you(read Sreesanth) have a brain you would know that a guy who has scored 25000 runs in international cricket isn't really going to **** in his pants because of that glare you give to him.

That said, I am not suggesting that Tendulkar is above all that, but just that those, in India, who adore him and look upto him wont really do that to him.

funnygirl

State Regular
Yes indeed i dislike him for the time being .More than his circus towards the opposition ,his antics towards legends like tendulkar ,Dravid were more annoying for me . Such a jerk !

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I rate the guy, reckon he's one of the more talented young(ish) bowlers going around in international cricket at the moment. He just doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to put it all on the park for more than 2 overs. It's strange, his spells are usually determined by his first few balls. If they land well and do a bit, he generally bowls well, but if they're bad or there's a wide or two he generally gets pasted.

Don't like him much but I reckon he's a big talent if he ever gets his head in the right place.

P.S. I am not a crackpot.

Majin

International Debutant
Like him tbh, he's a nutter and he amuses me. Reckon he could be a good bowler if he sorts himself out as well.

irfan

State Captain
I haven't met him so can't really say.
Most accurate post so far.

I like Sreesanth, has a load of talent, wonderful wrist and seam position when bowling but I am starting to get fed up with his antics. First they were a bit amusing (booty dance, Nel incident) but slowly they've degenerated into the disgraceful stuff unwarranted abusive sledging, deliberate no balls etc. If the team management can sort his head out, which may need a bit more than a little tinkering, he can be a very fine Test match bowler.

BTW, Sreesanth is in NO way an accurate representation of the people in KERALA. So please don't think we are all nutcases:cool:

Precambrian

Banned
The guy attended my bro's marriage function. We are pretty distant related. He's cool off the field. And I think the on-field Sreesanth has got nothing to do with off-field Sreesanth.

So Langeveldt, your comments regarding, "Sreesanth and Bhajji having a non fatal accident together off field" were in absolute bad taste and are deplorable.

I like Sreesanth the bowler and still believe that he's got a good test career in front of him. His seam position is unparallelled in international cricket today and once he learns to control his swing and ore importantly his temperament, and is able to direct his energies in his bowling alone, he'll be a roaring success.

I absolutely hate his antics, which are really unnecessary and put the point across to him when we met. .

Langeveldt

Soutie
The guy attended my bro's marriage function. We are pretty distant related. He's cool off the field. And I think the on-field Sreesanth has got nothing to do with off-field Sreesanth.

So Langeveldt, your comments regarding, "Sreesanth and Bhajji having a non fatal accident together off field" were in absolute bad taste and are deplorable.

I like Sreesanth the bowler and still believe that he's got a good test career in front of him. His seam position is unparallelled in international cricket today and once he learns to control his swing and ore importantly his temperament, and is able to direct his energies in his bowling alone, he'll be a roaring success.

I absolutely hate his antics, which are really unnecessary and put the point across to him when we met. .
Exactly, rather like the pair of no-brainers I was talking about..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's still India's best pace bowler, more often than not, and has been one of the few performers in the team. Let's not forget that he was the only bowler with an average less than 30 in that last ODI series against the Australians, in India, and then in Australia. In the last two series, he's had an average a shade over 25, as against his career average over 30, so he has improved a lot.

While his antics, theatrics, histrionics, drama (we see many such words from hardened critics) are annoying, and at times, dreadful to be stuck watching, he's done nothing to warrant an immediate exclusion. There are few (or no) replacements worthy of a national call-up. Besides, he's at least letting off all steam one at a time rather than keeping it to himself and then letting loose something dreadfully nasty- like Inzamam in Canada, or something that the quiet RP Singh might end up doing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That article was posted to show that something did happen in a domestic match between Tendulkar. Besides If you a third class bowler and happen to absoultly adore Tendulkar, you wouldn't go on staring Tendulkar.

And also if you(read Sreesanth) have a brain you would know that a guy who has scored 25000 runs in international cricket isn't really going to **** in his pants because of that glare you give to him.

That said, I am not suggesting that Tendulkar is above all that, but just that those, in India, who adore him and look upto him wont really do that to him.
Yeah, and George Foreman worshipped Muhammed Ali as he grew up. He still threw some lethal punches at his cranium in Zaire in 1974. Mark Geyer's favourite league player as he grew up was Wally Lewis - he still tried to best him when he got on the field against him, including nearly having a full blown fight with him.
Once Sreesanth gets on the field, why does he have to passively submit to a batsman's dominance, just because he's grown up idolising him? If he's competitive at all, surely he'd be trying to put one over on his idol.
When I was a kid, I had dreams of clean bowling Greg Chappell, or hitting Dennis Lillee for six. And if I'd been good enugh to play vs them, I'd have busted my ass to do just that, including being aggressive (within the bounds of reason and decency) and not taking a backward step against them, because I'd want so desperately for them to rate me.
I'm not saying that Sreesanth doesn't have problems with his behaviour or that he doesn't carry on like a nong, but I just think the incident cited in that article is a poor example of alleged bad behaviour.

abhijeet

Cricket Spectator
Like him for his cricketing abilities, really wish he focused on that some more. Other than that, don't much care....

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I certainly like his bowing after the so-called 'slapgate' (the Indian/subcontinental media has to be the most unimaginative ever in history).

In the three matches before the incident he had figures of.

• Matches : 3
  • Overs : 10.1
  • Runs : 104
  • Wickets : 3
  • Economy : 10.29
  • Average : 34.67

He took a couple of matches to get over the shock the shock and in the last three has been a modicum of decorum and level-headedness and just look at those figures !!

• Overs : 12
  • Runs : 70
  • Wickets : 6
  • Economy : 5.83
  • Average : 11.67

I can stand this Sreesanth. He is good to watch and good for his side. But does he realise that ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, and George Foreman worshipped Muhammed Ali as he grew up. He still threw some lethal punches at his cranium in Zaire in 1974. Mark Geyer's favourite league player as he grew up was Wally Lewis - he still tried to best him when he got on the field against him, including nearly having a full blown fight with him.
Once Sreesanth gets on the field, why does he have to passively submit to a batsman's dominance, just because he's grown up idolising him? If he's competitive at all, surely he'd be trying to put one over on his idol.
When I was a kid, I had dreams of clean bowling Greg Chappell, or hitting Dennis Lillee for six. And if I'd been good enugh to play vs them, I'd have busted my ass to do just that, including being aggressive (within the bounds of reason and decency) and not taking a backward step against them, because I'd want so desperately for them to rate me.
I'm not saying that Sreesanth doesn't have problems with his behaviour or that he doesn't carry on like a nong, but I just think the incident cited in that article is a poor example of alleged bad behaviour.

Where did I suggest that SreeSanth should have just submitted himself to Tendulkar and not played competitive cricket against him ? I was merely suggesting that If you really realyl adore Tendulkar, you wouldn't go about sledging him in a domestic match (That article was there to suggest that such an incident took place and not to prove what actually happened), it was widely reported that SreeSanth had sledged Tendulkar, which no one in India really does if he really adores Tendulkar.

Besides, it does show what a tool SreeSanth is, because it is a well known thing that such tactics do not work well agains Tendulkar.

Also, I guess my definition of aggression is totally differnt from yours.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I certainly like his bowing after the so-called 'slapgate' (the Indian/subcontinental media has to be the most unimaginative ever in history).

In the three matches before the incident he had figures of.

• Overs : 10.1
  • Runs : 104
  • Wickets : 3
  • Economy : 10.29
  • Average : 34.67

He took a couple of matches to get over the shock the shock and in the last three has been a modicum of decorum and level-headedness and just look at those figures !!

• Overs : 12
  • Runs : 70
  • Wickets : 6
  • Economy : 5.83
  • Average : 11.67

I can stand this Sreesanth. He is good to watch and good for his side. But does he realise that ?
Great Point and I guess those who back his fake aggression must read this. I was thinking about this myself the other day and wondering this guy could be a really good bowler if he gave up his drama queen act in the middle.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Where did I suggest that SreeSanth should have just submitted himself to Tendulkar and not played competitive cricket against him ? I was merely suggesting that If you really realyl adore Tendulkar, you wouldn't go about sledging him in a domestic match (That article was there to suggest that such an incident took place and not to prove what actually happened), it was widely reported that SreeSanth had sledged Tendulkar, which no one in India really does if he really adores Tendulkar.

Besides, it does show what a tool SreeSanth is, because it is a well known thing that such tactics do not work well agains Tendulkar.

Also, I guess my definition of aggression is totally differnt from yours.
I take your point on the issue, and certainly don't have any problem agreeing he has had behavioural issues. Also no problem in accepting that generally, sledging the really good players is of no benefit whatsoever. You would certainly think the more senior fellas in his team would have mentioned that to him before they went out there.

I don't know if it's because of what happened to him with Harbhajan, but I think his bravado is a bit of an act - I dunno if it's him y'know? Maybe he puts it on coz it's what he sees as being expected of the fast bowler in the team. When I saw what happened to him in that IPL game, I felt very sorry for him. Then I felt we'd actually seen something of the real him. I get the impression he's a pretty insecure kid really, and hopefully he'll sort himself out on that side of things, bowl well and have a good career.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I take your point on the issue, and certainly don't have any problem agreeing he has had behavioural issues. Also no problem in accepting that generally, sledging the really good players is of no benefit whatsoever. You would certainly think the more senior fellas in his team would have mentioned that to him before they went out there.

I don't know if it's because of what happened to him with Harbhajan, but I think his bravado is a bit of an act - I dunno if it's him y'know? Maybe he puts it on coz it's what he sees as being expected of the fast bowler in the team. When I saw what happened to him in that IPL game, I felt very sorry for him. Then I felt we'd actually seen something of the real him. I get the impression he's a pretty insecure kid really, and hopefully he'll sort himself out on that side of things, bowl well and have a good career.
Absolutely