• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you like Sreesanth?

Do you like Sreesanth?

• Total voters

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He'd be a better bowler if he dropped all the drama and just focused on his job. I don't like his antics at all but I have nothing against him personally.
Very much so just look at how well he did last night and after the game he came out and said "Today I never thought about sledging the opposition once; only where I was putting the next ball."

More of that please Sree, you've got talent to burn don't waste it and you could do India proud.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I used to be pretty meh towards him, but when he bowled a deliberate no-ball that was about 1m past the no-ball line, I began to hate the ****.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Bit of a mincer for mine. Can dish it out but not take it. His beamer to KP & the bouncer to Colly delivered from about two-feet over the crease last year were nothing short of disgraceful.
And the jelly beans were equally disgraceful too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Problem is that he can only do it for a few overs at a time hence why his best international spells have probably been in 20/20 (such as his opening spell against the Aussies int he 20/20 WC).
So true. Bloody hell that spell was brilliant. Consdiering his first ball was a loosener full toss that went for 4, it makes his other 3.5 overs masterful.

When you think about his best ever test spell (Jo'burg vs. SA) it was only 10 overs as well when SA were bowled out for 84 or whatever. 5-40 from 10 overs I believe. So he barely had time to get carried away.

I used to rate him very highly. I don't think he's got it in him atm to be a good ODI bowler (but that may change) but I reckon he can be a very very good test bowler in the future, but it all depends on him.

I refuse to believe that he can't be coached though. I know some pupils are just destined to failure, but as if someone respectful couldn't get in his ear and tell him to shut the **** up and bowl. I know he absolutely adores Sachin, why can't he just give him some stern advice (I'm not saying he hasnt as I don't know) and tell him that all his chatter is ruining his possibilities of being a good test bowler.

Part of the blame has to go to Indian management and coaching staff IMO (and senior players too).

Most lies on him though. Hopefully he improves.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So true. Bloody hell that spell was brilliant. Consdiering his first ball was a loosener full toss that went for 4, it makes his other 3.5 overs masterful.

When you think about his best ever test spell (Jo'burg vs. SA) it was only 10 overs as well when SA were bowled out for 84 or whatever. 5-40 from 10 overs I believe. So he barely had time to get carried away.

I used to rate him very highly. I don't think he's got it in him atm to be a good ODI bowler (but that may change) but I reckon he can be a very very good test bowler in the future, but it all depends on him.

I refuse to believe that he can't be coached though. I know some pupils are just destined to failure, but as if someone respectful couldn't get in his ear and tell him to shut the **** up and bowl. I know he absolutely adores Sachin, why can't he just give him some stern advice (I'm not saying he hasnt as I don't know) and tell him that all his chatter is ruining his possibilities of being a good test bowler.

Part of the blame has to go to Indian management and coaching staff IMO (and senior players too).

Most lies on him though. Hopefully he improves.
If guys like Craig McDermott can turn it around, so can Sreesanth. Billy makes Sree seem pretty meek by comparison.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I know he absolutely adores Sachin, why can't he just give him some stern advice (I'm not saying he hasnt as I don't know) and tell him that all his chatter is ruining his possibilities of being a good test bowler.
He doesn't adore Tendulkar, coz if he did, he wouldn't sledge him in a domestic match. Rumor has it that Bhajji/Sreesanth problem started in a domestic match when SreeSanth sledged Tendulkar.

http://www.ambimama.com/2006/10/11/sreesanth-rubs-his-seniors-the-wrong-way/

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sreesanth had even sledged Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag early in the innings.

“After he was hit by Sehwag for a four, he went up to him and asked him why he can’t bat like that in international matches,” the source said.

Sehwag, obviously lost his cool and pointed that out to the umpires. Later, Sreesanth dared to look Tendulkar in his eyes in his follow through after getting one past him.

The next ball saw Tendulkar jumping out of his crease to smash a six, tennis style, over the bowler’s head. The source said, “Tendulkar went up to him and said, never again come that close to me.”
Haha, if true, that would be awesome.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
what is funny is that he is sledging Sehwag and saying "why he can’t bat like that in international matches"

I mean does he have a thing called 'brain' anywhere in his body ?? Look at his(Sehwag's) international record as a batsman and then open your filthy mouth.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe that the beamer was an accident (not so sure about the bouncer). I find him likeable and want him to do well - which may be why I don't want him to play for India.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He doesn't adore Tendulkar, coz if he did, he wouldn't sledge him in a domestic match. Rumor has it that Bhajji/Sreesanth problem started in a domestic match when SreeSanth sledged Tendulkar.

That's just not right though. If he thought (mistakenly) he could get some edge on him by saying something (not abusive) or staring at him, then why shouldn't he do it? I mean, the article first says he sledged Tendulkar - then it says he followed through down the wicket and stared at him. Stared!!!!! Heaven forbid - the man should be banned!!!! Next thing it'll be fast bowlers being made to wear blinkers like race horses so they don't look the wrong way at someone.
I know Tendulkar's like everyone's favourite son or rapturous lover on here, but ffs, you mean if a bowler says something to him on the field or even looks at him, they aren't friends, or the bowler doesn't respect him?
Surely he's not above all that? Wouldn't you want a young bloke to charge in, give him a stare, say a few words if he thinks it'll work? Even if it doesn't the kid'll learn something.
Do we want people to have to bowl under arm to Tendulkar in tribute to his (undoubted) genius?
I thought I saw someone look sideways at Tendulkar once - plainly that bowler thought nothing of him, didn't like him, repect him or appreciate him at all.
Load of Bollocks.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I like him this week since he no longer does his street dog imitation.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Frbs SJS, we've been working on that for months. Why do you have to ruin everything I love? :(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

a) That article says he didn't sledge him, he stared him down
b) I wouldn't put it past Lee sledging Ponting in a Pura Cup final if they played

Either way, I still think someone properly handling him could cool him down.

Craig

World Traveller
a) That article says he didn't sledge him, he stared him down
b) I wouldn't put it past Lee sledging Ponting in a Pura Cup final if they played

Either way, I still think someone properly handling him could cool him down.
Too right. Shane Warne sledged Michael Slater and Mark Waugh many a time in Pura Cup/Sheffield Shield as it was back then, and Waugh gave it back.