• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's better, Lillee or Hadlee?

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

JBH001

International Regular
Dont know, some over-rated Aussie so they tell me...(like the rest of them, except perhaps for that Bradman fella, he's alright I reckon).

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
Aye. Easy choice when it comes right down to it. Dont know what all the fuss is about, tbh.

JBH001

International Regular
Got that right. One of the few things you can be certain of in this life. Along with death and taxes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
The exact one. First time I saw him use it would have been around the mid-90's. the commentators made a big deal out of it and teh fact he picked it up off his baseball friends.
Yeah, he nearly took a hat-trick in a one day game bowling full tosses with it. Looked like it was going to be a beamer, but being a slower ball it would just drop and hit the batsman on the pads on the full. 'Twas against SL IIRC, Tillekeratne feeling particularly aggrieved at being given out.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, he nearly took a hat-trick in a one day game bowling full tosses with it. Looked like it was going to be a beamer, but being a slower ball it would just drop and hit the batsman on the pads on the full. 'Twas against SL IIRC, Tillekeratne feeling particularly aggrieved at being given out.
I was going to mention the specific game but felt old just remembering it (and that it was over 10 years ago) so thanks for that. :D

EDIT: Christ, how good the ball by Warnie to get Kalpage?

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Wonder if he copied that from Franklyn Stephenson too.