• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who's better, Lillee or Hadlee?

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really don't think so. Once you've said you'll look at the end of the over, you can't have the players telling you to look sooner.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't think so. Once you've said you'll look at the end of the over, you can't have the players telling you to look sooner.
Point is hhe should have had a look at the ball then, not at the end of the over.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really don't see that it's that big a deal TBH. 4 or 5 balls makes next to no difference. Why not leave it to the end of the over?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In those days there wasn't a third and fourth umpire hanging around like a demented waiter with a box of alternative balls. If a bowler complained about a ball going out of shape they would regularly wait until the end of an over to see if might be knocked back into shape.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
I would not:@ On that list from what I have read only Benaud, Chappelli, Marlar, Cozier and CMJ would really know their history of cricket, I thought that list a joke tbh
Agree that some might know their history better than others. But this is not a history question, this is a ' current ' question. And the above panel would know the players they've played with or viewed. Also, It is as large and diverse a panel as one could ask for.

There is no greater accolade than praise from your peers and pundits.

Zinzan

My top five fast bowlers having watched cricket since 1980......

1 Marshall
2 Hadlee
3 Ambrose
4 Mcgrath
5 Akram

Imran, Donald & Waqar just missing out

bond21

Banned
no way in hell hadlee was better than those 3, let alone frickin Holding.

Holding was insane.

Holding>Marshall

Zinzan

no way in hell hadlee was better than those 3, let alone frickin Holding.

Holding was insane.

Holding>Marshall
You could add the words "in my opinion" to this one. Your trying to make it sound like only 5% of the cricketing public would rate Hadlee and/or Marshall above Holding. Its hardly like suggesting Buster Douglas was a better heavy weight than Muhammad Ali is it 8-)