Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Who is the better bowler?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lillee

20 25.97%
  • Hadlee

46 59.74%
  • I don't know

4 5.19%
  • It is Manoj Prabhakar

7 9.09%
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Who's better, Lillee or Hadlee?

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    Marshall also wrote that Lillee was the best
    As did Holding.

Lillee was a fast bowlers fast bowler though. He had everything a quick wanted and the skills in addition to the pace.

He is the template most quicks want to model themselves on (or at least used to).
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Richard knows nothing of cricket. Just talks in pointless avenues to try to make his prejudices seem correct.

Didn't want to say that, but he keeps on saying that people not saying it is a valediction of his laughable views. Also the fact that he admits he tries to get rid of people he disagrees with means that many who are contrary have left the forum, so it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Oddly I agree with him on this subject, but his reasons are as hypocritical and contradictory as normal.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    I would not On that list from what I have read only Benaud, Chappelli, Marlar, Cozier and CMJ would really know their history of cricket, I thought that list a joke tbh
    Interesting that - Marlar has always qualified as something of a joke to me TBH, though almost all of that relates to current, rather than past, cricket. The only historical piece I've read from him was on Sussex CCC, which was decent enough, however.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Interesting that - Marlar has always qualified as something of a joke to me TBH, though almost all of that relates to current, rather than past, cricket. The only historical piece I've read from him was on Sussex CCC, which was decent enough, however.
    Pretty well read is Mr. Marlar, although I don't agree with all of his opinions either
    You know it makes sense.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer JerseyGuy's Avatar
    Lillee was more feared but Hadlee has better record...I will take both in my side any day
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Was going to reply to Kazo's post to me but its so far back now I cbf finding it. Tbh I find it silly trying to seperate Marshall, Hadlee and Lillee but if I had to choose one I'd take Hadlee on gut feeling and tbh, some nationalistic bias.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaZoH0lic View Post
    I think it's pretty ****ty to come in, brown nose and leave. The constant one word pass-bys are insulting to me. That's my reaction. And, although I am sure Richard may find it insulting, I truly believe that in a lot of ways he has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. Whether you agree or disagree is upto you. I just thought I'd return the ol' roll eyes back.
    Yeah, that's right, I'm brown-nosing, as that would make perfect sense considering I disagree with Richard on numerous cricket matters and have never felt any compulsion to brown-nose him, or anyone else on this site before. You're a dead set dickhead. How's that for insulting?

I like Hadlee
    Fred Tetanus likes this.
    *****Cricket Rules******

Cricket Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa View Post
    Yeah, that's right, I'm brown-nosing. You're a dead set dickhead. How's that for insulting?
    You've come in the middle of my arguments with several posters plenty of times, trying to 'stick it to me'. And you do it with one comment and one smiley and poof, you're gone. If that ain't brown-nosing, what is?
    ★★★★★

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    You've come in the middle of my arguments with several posters plenty of times, trying to 'stick it to me'. And you do it with one comment and one smiley and poof, you're gone. If that ain't brown-nosing, what is?
    You are wrong my dear. There are many here who agree with you (myself included) and do not like the direction this discussion has taken. Its just that there seems to be no point going on and on about it. You have made your point and should 'rest your case' even if no one else does. A debate should not be about getting everyone to agree to one's point of view or going on till every one leaves the arena.

Thats does no credit to anyone.

Leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    You are wrong my dear. There are many here who agree with you (myself included) and do not like the direction this discussion has taken. Its just that there seems to be no point going on and on about it. You have made your point and should 'rest your case' even if no one else does. A debate should not be about getting everyone to agree to one's point of view or going on till every one leaves the arena.

Thats does no credit to anyone.

Leave it.
    I agree, I do remember one poster on here (CW) once saying that if he had the last word then he considered he had won the day

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by anoop4real View Post
    I like Hadlee
    Thank you Cynthia Merrypepper.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Very possibly because you're not in the absolute right in what you say. Therefore, anyone who takes exception to what you're saying isn't necessarily Dickinson's minion. You wouldn't even have incurred the in the first place if you didn't get personal.

That said, Dasa, you had the high moral ground given to you on a plate and you hurled it at the wall.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 06-05-2008 at 04:21 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Can we leave it here, guys, personal insults are NOT acceptable in any circumstances. They stop now.

And Lillee, for mine.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

99*
    This seems to be a common theme to some threads here.

Richard's opinion on some cricketers is unique but it is his opinion, regardless if we think it's wrong, he has a right to post that view. If it comes to the point where someone has to hurl personal insults at another just because they do not like his opinions well then I suggest the ignore option, it works for all parties.

EDIT: I voted Hadlee btw, had you asked me 5 years ago I would've voted Lillee, such is the legacy he had but now being able to fully understand what each man did, Hadlee was the better cricketer.
    Last edited by 99*; 06-05-2008 at 04:43 AM.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information