Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What of Chris Jordan?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar

What of Chris Jordan?

The teenager playing for Surrey atm. From what I've heard he has some pace and some batting ability and seems to be causing waves with the management at Surrey as an exciting prospect. Has anyone seen much of him? Does he appear a player to keep an eye on?

I ask because he's Bajan by birth, although he can play for England if he chooses. According to CricInfo, he favours playing for West Indies in future.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    I ask because he's Bajan by birth, although he can play for England if he chooses. According to CricInfo, he favours playing for West Indies in future.
    IIRC he is more than just Bajan by birth. He is born and raised there and only came to UK in late teens on a cricket scholarship.

Before last season big claims were being made about his batting and bowling but there was no evidence to back them up.

He really hit the scene last year and this season will be interesting. If he has success then he will be seen as a genuine prospect.

Think his finances and career stability better suited to playing for Eng.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    He'll have a better chance of playing international cricket for the WI. Anything decent from him and he'll be in the squad.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    The teenager playing for Surrey atm. From what I've heard he has some pace and some batting ability and seems to be causing waves with the management at Surrey as an exciting prospect. Has anyone seen much of him? Does he appear a player to keep an eye on?

My friends who go to Dulwich College say that he can nudge 90mph on his day.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    They use a speed gun? Because otherwise it might just look to be that fast.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Amazing how readily available speedguns currently are. Wouldn't be surprised if a decent college had one.

Either way, this Jordan fellow doesn't seem to have done much of much note yet, but there's still plenty of time.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

My cousin owns one (a handheld one), I'm 62mph. Interesting that someone's average speed is usually a good 5-7mph slower than they think they can bowl. I presume that they had seen him bowl in a game for Surrey but it would not surprise me if Dulwich College had a speedgun, they take cricket quite seriously over there.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I just found this, which was posted on May 1st. Shocking coincidence.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Should get plenty of opportunities this season, which wouldn't have been the case if Mohammad Asif had played. Expect 50+ wickets if he can stay fit.

Surrey v Kent on Sky Sports (Star Cricket if you are in India) today. Should be interesting to see how Jordan bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    IIRC he is more than just Bajan by birth. He is born and raised there and only came to UK in late teens on a cricket scholarship.
    If only Stephen Jones and Brendon Gallagher wrote about cricket.... I'd love to see them try and defend this one without the hypocrisy flowing out of their many orifi.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Realistically how far do you guys think he would be away from making a West Indies squad. Got a pretty decent record even if he has only played 8 or so FC matches. The Australian series is well out probably out of question. But if he strings together a decent 3-4 months of county cricket. I don't think he would be that far off pushing Sammy and Powell for spot. But I don't rate those two.

Could see him called up to West Indies squad before the end of season, especially if there is any hint that he might choice England. Especially if the likes of Lloyld are following his progress. With Pedro Collins also in the Surrey squad, it wouldn't surprise me if he has word in his ear as well and maybe in a word in Gayle's ear.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    They use a speed gun? Because otherwise it might just look to be that fast.

Yeah I heard all about a guy in Devon we played against who was 80mph...needless to say he wasn't.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    D'you remember the fellow's name?

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    D'you remember the fellow's name?
    Ollie Wicket, funnily enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information