• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What of Chris Jordan?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
think that is a weird rule...
there are some very good dutch passport cricketers running around but the KNCB won't select them...simply because they don't play their cricket in holland...
I get it maybe for a test country...but if your such a small country you have to take everything in my opinion...

as for Jordan, would love to see him in and England team later on :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Actually thinking about it I think it is International rule, rather then domestic rule. I know quite a few Associate players had to play a season for their respective countries before being able to be selected, if they hadn't played domestic cricket in that country for four seasons or something. Thats what Hemp and Davison both had to do, before being picked.

Mind you I think you can get around that rule if you play in another domestic comp, that runs during the same time. For someone like Dougie Brown all he had to do was be registered to a domestic club in Scotland.