Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Why do you love the game?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • First chance average

6 21.43%
  • What game?

10 35.71%
  • Fiery was gun

12 42.86%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Why do you love the game?

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Never fallen out of love with myself, however.

Bloody hell, Richard has cracked a joke.........

(or has he?)

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Yep.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Think there's another example of why today. At the dawn of this morn, I had the chance to watch two teams chase down stiff but very-possible targets for potentially one excellent and one very, very famous win.

Whether either team will do so remains to be seen, but it'd be truly superb to see both do so.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    This was a good thread

I agree with what Jono said - that a person's love for a sport or activity is always expressed as a love for the nuances and it's history. Cricket may not be unique in its intricacies and lore, despite fans claiming otherwise.

I agree with the general concept in this thread that you love something because it brought you joy at an impressionable time in your life, and as you grow you seek to reclaim those feelings through it.

But I do feel cricket is weirdly unique in many ways. One game lasts 5 days, yet can turn in just 20 minutes of play. It's a team sport, yet built almost entirely on one on one battles. It's less reliant on physical gifts than most other major sports, and relies a lot more heavily on intelligence and technique. It's got the most complicated ruleset of any sport I've ever come across, yet at its core is simply about hitting a ball with a bat. It's one of the few sports that comes in numerous different formats played by the same group of athletes at the professional level, and it's the only sport that lets you absorb the action at such a slow pace, allowing for such detailed analysis. And there are a ton of stats and variables to analyse. There is also no impossible outcome in a game, just extremely improbable ones. I think all these reasons alone make it the best sport on Earth, even if I try to take my deep rooted sentiment for it out of the equation.
    vcs and Bijed like this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Dan
    Thank **** I didn't post in this thread back in 2008. Would be straight to the top of the 'lies' list (and probably incomprehensible too, knowing past me).

Cricket ****ing sucks.
    Last edited by Dan; 22-07-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    zorax likes this.
    Mind the Windows, Tino!

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm the worst poster on this forum, end of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Cricket ****ing sucks.
    You ****ing suck

Post reported

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    This was a good thread

I agree with what Jono said - that a person's love for a sport or activity is always expressed as a love for the nuances and it's history. Cricket may not be unique in its intricacies and lore, despite fans claiming otherwise.

I agree with the general concept in this thread that you love something because it brought you joy at an impressionable time in your life, and as you grow you seek to reclaim those feelings through it.

But I do feel cricket is weirdly unique in many ways. One game lasts 5 days, yet can turn in just 20 minutes of play. It's a team sport, yet built almost entirely on one on one battles. It's less reliant on physical gifts than most other major sports, and relies a lot more heavily on intelligence and technique. It's got the most complicated ruleset of any sport I've ever come across, yet at its core is simply about hitting a ball with a bat. It's one of the few sports that comes in numerous different formats played by the same group of athletes at the professional level, and it's the only sport that lets you absorb the action at such a slow pace, allowing for such detailed analysis. And there are a ton of stats and variables to analyse. There is also no impossible outcome in a game, just extremely improbable ones. I think all these reasons alone make it the best sport on Earth, even if I try to take my deep rooted sentiment for it out of the equation.
    Can't help but love a sport that finds a place even for the practitioners of the lowly art of finger spin.

Seriously though, this post deserves a lot of love. Quality. Almost exactly what I wanted to say.
    zorax likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Not sure why. I mean no one in my family likes cricket at all, in fact after 9 news during a Perth Test it is a race to change the channel straight away so how I suddenly came to love it, is weird.

I guess I knew a lot of people who did like cricket and it got me started, and that a lot of people kept making references from my surname to a certain West Indian fast bowler who took 519 Test wickets so I was forced to learn about to have an idea what they are talking about. Started in 95/96, was a bit casual until until the 1999 WC and have been hooked since.

Of course I love the tatical side of things, when I'm watching and a team is on top I just can't help to think what I would do if I were the opposing captain and some of the feats that have happened over the years have astounded me. And then there are people like Steve Waugh who changed how I think from watching him play and reading his books.
    Craigos

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Goughy is also sorely missed around these parts. Quality poster.
    zorax likes this.

Don't love it anymore, won the World Cup in 2011 and won a test series in Australia in 2018. I've achieved moksha from cricket.
    zorax likes this.

I don't have friends, it takes 5 days and I need something to fill the void. Connect the dots.
    zorax likes this.
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Cricket is just so easy to be infatuated with and I have a very obsessive personality. The history, the stats, the comparisons, the what ifs . It all makes for great trivia. I could tell you how the highest test score record progressed over time starting with the first triple century off the top of my head. And all the men of the match in CWC finals. Of course, I love watching the game too and that is foremost.
    zorax, vcs and ankitj like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Seriously though, this post deserves a lot of love. Quality. Almost exactly what I wanted to say.
    Who read it though?
    vcs and zorax like this.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

The fact that many fat men and short men have had great cricketing careers shows how much this sport is about skill and guile rather than mere athleticism. Hence the love.

Anyway, forum members here don't need to explain to each other why we love the sport. We just know it. We know what all other feel too. As obvious as why you love your baby.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information