Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Why do you love the game?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • First chance average

6 21.43%
  • What game?

10 35.71%
  • Fiery was gun

12 42.86%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Why do you love the game?

Quote Originally Posted by SJS View Post
    Isn't it ?

So is falling in love. Its the most beautiful thing that can happen to anyone.
    Oh yes, most definitely.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    How did I start. I must have been around ten.

Well to start with, everyone played cricket and so did I. Every single day, a few hours were spent playing in the neighborhood park. I wasn't very good at it then but I owned the bat

Our childhood heroes were all cricketers. So you kind of got involved with what was happening in the game through the news and the radio commentary. You played different forms of indoor cricket, the most popular being opening the a book at random and scoring runs based on the number of the page.

Then someone suggested me to go to the national Stadium and join the Madras Cricket Club. It changed my life.

The coach was a great guy. Trust me one of the finest coaches I have ever come across in the last forty years - if not the very best. Not only did he give me a solid grounding in the techniques but his love for the game and its history, rubbed off on me. He introduced me to Cardus and lent me his books to read. I suppose thats when I truly fell in love with the game.

It was Cardus and the late TP Bharathan (the coach) who are responsible for my infatuation with this game.
    Well, I come from Madras... From Chepauk actually, which is pretty much the heart of cricket action here...... Should be no surprise that I am hooked given that I have been to matches at Chepauk since 1987 when I was hardly past 3 years old.... Tied test and all that..... And cricket is just special. I can identify so much with what so many of the posters here have said...... Langeveldt, SJS, Pratyush, Bagapath..... It all rings true, although having grown up in Madras/Chennai, I guess I have had a few more in terms of facilities than many others do coming from out of town....... Still feel ashamed I didn't make it at least upto the TNCA League as a wicket keeper to be honest. Was more than decent at my school side though.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Well, I come from Madras... From Chepauk actually, which is pretty much the heart of cricket action here...... Should be no surprise that I am hooked given that I have been to matches at Chepauk since 1987 when I was hardly past 3 years old.... Tied test and all that..... And cricket is just special. I can identify so much with what so many of the posters here have said...... Langeveldt, SJS, Pratyush, Bagapath..... It all rings true, although having grown up in Madras/Chennai, I guess I have had a few more in terms of facilities than many others do coming from out of town....... Still feel ashamed I didn't make it at least upto the TNCA League as a wicket keeper to be honest. Was more than decent at my school side though.
    Do you still find time to play some cricket ?

I thought so.

Thats not falling in love my dear. You truly fall in love only once in your life time (if at all) and you never 'fall out of it" again.

This is the shortfall of the English language where the word love is used to express a lots of emotions 'from loving your job or house' at one end to 'falling in love' at the other. Its the 'falling' that is the difference.

In Urdu/Hindustani their are three words for love where English has only one. 'Pyaar', 'Mohabbat' and 'Ishq'. Its the last one which is true falling in love. It happens only once. The target could be an individual or God.

and you never love another again,

Too much you think? Ignore it.
    Well put. For example, I like lamp. But I don't love lamp.

Do you still find time to play some cricket ?
    actually..... no

We are planning some kind of a T12 cricket competition here at work though. Hopefully it takes off...

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    actually..... no

We are planning some kind of a T12 cricket competition here at work though. Hopefully it takes off...
    T12 ? Ugh

T12 ? Ugh
    Honestly, we can't do much more in 2 hours....

And we have to see first of all how many of our guys can actually last even 12 overs... esp. in the field!!!!! Us software pros tend to be rather athletically impaired.....

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Because it's so relaxing.. Nothing beats sitting on a grass bank on a sunny day watching the final session of a days play as the shadows lengthen.. Cricket is an escape, doesn't matter what standard you are playing or watching.. From a playing point of view, it is still for the large part a gentleman's game, and the carmeradery and friendships you make through the game are fantastic.. Nothing beats English village cricket from the whole social package point of view.. Unfortunatly my interest in professional cricket is diminishing rapidly as other forms of the game find their way into the mainstream, but I'm sure I'll continue to play even if I give up supporting..
    I don't agree with that. I can't watch village green cricket. Someone who mistakenly thinks they're bowling fast runs in from about 30 yards with no rhythm, practically stops upon reaching the crease and slings the ball down about 5 yards short of a length with no pace or accuracy. My auntie could do something similar off two paces.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    I thought so.

Thats not falling in love my dear. You truly fall in love only once in your life time (if at all) and you never 'fall out of it" again.

This is the shortfall of the English language where the word love is used to express a lots of emotions 'from loving your job or house' at one end to 'falling in love' at the other. Its the 'falling' that is the difference.

In Urdu/Hindustani their are three words for love where English has only one. 'Pyaar', 'Mohabbat' and 'Ishq'. Its the last one which is true falling in love. It happens only once. The target could be an individual or God.

and you never love another again,

Too much you think? Ignore it.
    Heh, think it's very much possible to fall out of love TBH. Painfully so, of times.

Won't pursue the matter however.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Heh, think it's very much possible to fall out of love TBH. Painfully so, of times.

Won't pursue the matter however.

I don't think falling in love with yourself counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Never fallen out of love with myself, however.

Good to see Fiery running away with this one.

Some of us still chat to him almost every day, y'know.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information