• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Where is marc71178 ??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What happened to Marc ? I have been off and on for months so did not realise but I find now that he hasn't posted anything for nine months !!

What happened ?

Anybody ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
And with over nine months of 'no activity' his 'pregnancy' cant last for ever !!

What happened to Marc ? I have been off and on for months so did not realise but I find now that he hasn't posted anything for nine months !!

What happened ?

Anybody ?
He left the forum for unlimited period of time by accusing the forum management of double standards in applying forum rules.:)

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

What happened ?

Anybody ?
SJS, I'm astonished you didn't notice TBH. Even if you would not have read his two goodbye posts, which I presume you would not have, as they were both in areas of the forum I've never seen you post, many people have talked about it - I even made an OT thread for his departure to be discussed, attempting to make as many people as possible aware.

Basically, Marc elected to depart because he felt "some people" (read: me) were above the law. This related specifically to a tete-a-tete between myself and him for which he wanted to see me punished, not realising as he did not that what I spoke of was true. I regretted nonetheless talking of it to him, because it soon became clear that he should not have been told.

However, interesting evidence has since surfaced which suggests Marc's departure actually had more to do with not wanting to reach 50,000 posts than this. :wacko: That it was merely a smokescreen. Now I can think of nothing more odd than allowing a postcount - yours or anyone else's - to dictate your behaviour to this level.

ITBT, I always thought it was a shame Marc left, much as he annoyed the hell out of me often. There were plenty of worse members, and Marc had been part of CW virtually from the start. The place still doesn't feel quite as I think it should without him posting around the boards.

BTW, it's now 11, not 9, months.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It is still sad Richard.

I dont think I am in a position to comment on his reasons/justification for leaving but it is sad to see old members leave in such a way.

I think there is a lesson in it for all of us to temper our debates and try not to keep stretching a point beyond useful/enlightening discussion for irrespective of our personal equations with a forum member, we would not like anyone to leave because of us.

I must hasten to add that this last comment is general in nature and not aimed specifically at you Richard.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
irrespective of our personal equations with a forum member, we would not like anyone to leave because of us.
We wouldn't?

As I say, I was disappointed Marc left, but there's several members I'd be only too glad to see the back of, and it's not exactly much of a secret either. Anyone who honestly tells themselves their attitudes are otherwise is lying too, and they know it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
We wouldn't?

As I say, I was disappointed Marc left, but there's several members I'd be only too glad to see the back of, and it's not exactly much of a secret either. Anyone who honestly tells themselves their attitudes are otherwise is lying too, and they know it.
Here we have a slight difference Richard. I too think this would be a better place without some people but I still would not like them to leave because of my negative attitude.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
We wouldn't?

i for one haven't really wanted anyone to leave other than certified, obnoxious trolls who are universally disliked...

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, me neither. There's no more than perhaps 5 or 6 of them in my book.

I've said it before, but I actually like almost everyone on CW.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
From what I was told he didn't leave because he didn't want to reach 50,000 posts. That only came up recently when some people tried to get him to come back to reach the landmark first when Richard was not able to post, but he wasn't interested in doing so.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The notion of him not wanting to reach 50,000 was first mentioned to me in January 2008.