• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Ever XIs

Yarrow

Cricket Spectator
My blog has a series of Best Ever XIs with each team being selected from players who's names all start with the same letter of the alphabet, eg, A, B, C, D etc...

A complete list is here (I've reached I so far), but it occurred to me that folk at this forum would have plenty of opinions on this!

Last edited by a moderator:

Days of Grace

International Captain
Damn, that G team looks fairly handy. Would give the B team a run for their money.

Good luck on the Q and Z teams, mate. Probably be a lot of Pakistani players in there, I reckon.

Slifer

International Captain
How about sumthing new:

The best 2nd Xi:

Here's mine:

WI 1st XI:

Hunte
Greenidge
Headley
Lara
IVAR*
Sobers
Dujon+
Marshall
Holding
Ambrose
Garner

2nd XI:

Haynes
Fredricks
Weekes
Worell*
Kanhai
Lloyd
Walcott+
Bishop
Croft
Roberts
Walsh

bond21

Banned
meh this is my rough draft, im not thinking too hard about it so dont break it down and examine every letter.

1. Headley
2. Hayden
3. Bradman
4. Lara
5. G Pollock
6. Imran Khan
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Lillee
10. Holding
11. McGrath

12th man - Allan Border

bond21

Banned
meh i cant help it, if i didnt select them i would be making a false world xi.

I would gladly select more english, i mean an english player, but none so far have really put their hand up.

they turn up to training late and slack off, i cant put them ahead of these elite athletes.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Australia is the only pure race of the human species. With pure fluid. Therefore, a world XI should have at least 9 or 10 Australians in it.

Days of Grace

International Captain
How dare you!! Australians are not convicts. The are the greatest cricket players on God's green earth. God made Australians to play cricket. Everyone else is rubbish. Now the ICC is gaining too much control. Having non-Australian umpires in Australian home tests is sacrireligious and not what God planned for.

bond21

Banned
no most of us arent, the ones in prison obviously are.

unless the 200+ year old convicts are still alive, which i doubt.