• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Many Test Countries By 2015?

Number Of Test Countries By 2015?

• 10 (Inc Zim)?

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • 11?

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • 12 & +?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

slugger

State Vice-Captain
if we go back a decade 1998 and make the same pediction which in this case it would be + 7 years from 98 thus 2005. back in 98 there was 9 by 05 there was 10 (bangladesh) however 1 has lost (Zim) test status in that time.. so its back to 9 .. so basically one team introduced to test status. Could this formular apply to the question at hand.. one new team every 7 years?

Last edited:

Protean

State Regular
Would love to see more African teams doing well, but with Zimbabwe and Kenya the front runners and their current political climates it's a bit hard to predict when/if they'll come right. Also watching Zim fail miserably in the SA domestic competitions (coming second last in both limited overs formats) they really need some work, I hope they keep playing here next year and join in the Supersport series too.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Would love to see more African teams doing well, but with Zimbabwe and Kenya the front runners and their current political climates it's a bit hard to predict when/if they'll come right. Also watching Zim fail miserably in the SA domestic competitions (coming second last in both limited overs formats) they really need some work, I hope they keep playing here next year and join in the Supersport series too.
Id love to see the same, but the problem is that Zim are hardly better than University of Johannesburg or Tuks at the moment.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
From Africa I guess Namibia are a good choise... They have got good record in first class & IC Cup too...

boris_denominat

Cricket Spectator
The optimists of this board are predicting that there WILL BE TEST CRICKET BY 2015. MY prediction is that by then tests will be replaced by four inns of twenty/20. "This new form of twenty twenty might not be for the purists and we are definitely risking a rebellion from the hardcore fans than populate cricket nowadays. Twenty/20 serves as an excellent window for youngsters to take a break from doing doughnuts in car parks; this new form may conflict with their schedule"

interesting times ahead

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
the optimists of this board a predicting that there WILL BE TEST CRICKET BY 2015. MY prediction is that by then tests will be replaced by four inns of twenty/20. "This new form of twenty twenty might not be for the purists and we are definetly risking a rebellion from the hardcore fans than populate cricket nowadays. Twenty/20 serves as an excellent window for youngsters to take a break from doing dougnuts in car parks, this new form may conflict with their schedual"

interesting times ahead
splelling and grammers

Athlai

Not Terrible
10-11 with 9 being Test class, the cream of the current Bangladeshi team will have matured and the next generation will have caught up with the rest of the world. Will be gun seeing Bangladesh become a proper side doing their country proud.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Namibia aren't below bermuda at all...richard...you don't know much about associate cricket, do you? Namibia are like undefeated or something in the intercontinental cup and are in the finals ..while bermuda are yet to win one game...bermuda just came good in the qualifiers for the last world cup but doesn't really have a real hope for test...
You'd do well to actually read the post. What I said was "Namibia have recently fallen below Bermuda", as Bermuda somehow qualified for WC2007 ahead of them. This is not terribly encouraging for the immediate future, even if it has been rectified as of the current time.

Langeveldt

Soutie
How would Cricket be in 2030? Hey just a casual question to read some intresting answers from u guys... Dont take it too seriously but answer seriously...:ph34r:
I think there will be a maximum of three test teams, just playing ceremonial five day games.. Everything else will be T20, and it will absolutely suck..